Hacking a 'real' wbfs windows port

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
doslu said:
Egonny said:
Got some problems with your WBFS tool, I reformat my partition to FAT32 first with Windows, assign it a drive letter (Q), then I connect it to my Wii and format the partition to WBFS. After that I reconnect the harddisk to my PC and I write wbfs_win.exe Q add "image.iso". Then I get the error "could not open drive: No error".
If I write wbfs_win Q init before connecting it to my Wii - adding an ISO works when doing this - but when I connect it to my Wii after that, the USB loader doesn't recognize it as WBFS (but as 0x7 or something), and formats it itself. Any help?

don't type .exe after wbfs_win
Didn't work

Legah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DON'T format thru your wii, that's what messes your driveletter up.

partition and format in windows (fat32 or ntfs) then run wbfs_win q init

MrFlooD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Formatting via Wii or not has nothing to do with the problem. I formatted both my USB stick and External hard drive via the Wii.

Both work fine in the Wii and using the Cygwin version of the loader. The issue is that wbfs_win is trying to access the drive by a letter in the first place. This causes issues on my larger drive, as it has multiple partitions. If it just accessed the drives via /dev/sd** there would be no problems.

Why no one has looked into fixing this is beyond me. I know there are a lot of us having the same issue with Wbfs_win

iazybandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legah said:

Wrong. I formatted through my Wii. Plugged the HDD to my PC and changed the drive letter and it shows as RAW format

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
iazybandit said:
Legah said:

Wrong. I formatted through my Wii. Plugged the HDD to my PC and changed the drive letter and it shows as RAW format
That's my problem: when I format through my PC, the USB loader doesn't recognize it as WBFS; when I format through my Wii, my PC thinks it's unallocated space, thus the partition gets no drive letter.

MrFlooD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Again another issue with WBFS_Win. We need to stop worrying about these GUI's and start improving the actual WBFS_Win software itself.

calimero100582

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
duchaine.dyndns.org
XP
Country
Canada
Egonny said:
iazybandit said:
Legah said:

That's my problem: when I format through my PC, the USB loader doesn't recognize it as WBFS; when I format through my Wii, my PC thinks it's unallocated space, thus the partition gets no drive letter.

are you sure your drive is still on letter q, may have change after disconnect and reconnect, it should showed up in My Computer, but tell you that the drive is not formatted ......, click no and wbfs_win should be able to see your drive
If the drive is not in My Computer you'll need to assign ita letter manually

calimero100582

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
duchaine.dyndns.org
XP
Country
Canada
MrFlooD said:
Again another issue with WBFS_Win. We need to stop worrying about these GUI's and start improving the actual WBFS_Win software itself.

the goal is to stop using wbfs_win, it is a sample application that use libwbfs. the goal is to improve libwbfs, personally I wrote wbfsgui and I want to replace my usage of wbfs_win for a compiled DLL based on libwbfs so I don't mind for wbfs_win, again it is a sample application

Legah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MrFlood - for me it made a difference since I couldn't set a driveletter for the drive when formatting with my wii, only the cygwin version worked then. Vista wouldn't allow me to change anything except let me format it again.

I did the following:
1. formated through wii
2. used the cygwin version for a couple of hours
3. saw the release of wbfs_win and wanted to try it but vista wouldn't let me set a driveletter for the usb-drive
4. formated through win vista as ntfs
5. used wbfs_win to init the drive
6. transfered games
7. connected to wii without problems

Egonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
calimero100582 said:
Egonny said:
iazybandit said:
Legah said:

are you sure your drive is still on letter q, may have change after disconnect and reconnect, it should showed up in My Computer, but tell you that the drive is not formatted ......, click no and wbfs_win should be able to see your drive
If the drive is not in My Computer you'll need to assign ita letter manually
See, I'll say it again, but I really hope someone can help me since I'm out of DVD's: it shows up at My Computer, gets a drive letter (Q) but when I format it with my Wii, wbfs_win doesn't recognize it anymore, when I format it with my PC, adding games works, but when I connect it to my Wii, it says no partition is formatted to WBFS and asks to format it itself.

sionsays

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using Partition Magic 8, I format my (NTSC) drive to FAT32, then I used the command prompt like you said, and whatever USB loader i use on the wii, its telling me i need to format my drive, not sure why. Partition magic is cutting my drive up because its telling me FAT32 only allows around 196MB of storage and im using a 500GB HDD. So there is an unpartitioned space, perhaps its picking up on that

smithcd2k

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
download link not working...
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, The Winklevoss twins...