unsure.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Someone spoke about that on one of the threads and said he had to burn it to a dual layer disc , but it worked.I think he may have patched it after scrubbing

kashin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Scrubbing a Iso wont actually lower it's size, just when it's being compressed by something like zip, rar or uharc. it still contains thesame ammount of data, just garbage was replaced by long strings of easily compressable data. So even if you were to scrub brawl, you would still get a 8 gig file, the only way to make it small is to compress it and a compressed file wont function like the iso if you were to try to burn it, so that would fail.

xXNoctisXx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
kashin said:
Scrubbing a Iso wont actually lower it's size, just when it's being compressed by something like zip, rar or uharc. it still contains thesame ammount of data, just garbage was replaced by long strings of easily compressable data. So even if you were to scrub brawl, you would still get a 8 gig file, the only way to make it small is to compress it and a compressed file wont function like the iso if you were to try to burn it, so that would fail.
Ok, thanks that's all the info that i need.
yaynds.gif

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Grab a copy of the dvd5 and burn it directly to disk, dont decrypt it. It will work perfectly with the exception that most of the in game videos will be the same one over and over. I'm using this version on a single layer disc and not one problem so far. (wiigators official .3beta release btw)

if you already have a dvd9 rip search the forums there is a tutorial to concert it to fit on one disc.

xXNoctisXx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
digitydogs said:
Grab a copy of the dvd5 and burn it directly to disk, dont decrypt it. It will work perfectly with the exception that most of the in game videos will be the same one over and over. I'm using this version on a single layer disc and not one problem so far. (wiigators official .3beta release btw)

if you already have a dvd9 rip search the forums there is a tutorial to concert it to fit on one disc.
Does the DVD 5 Version freeze?

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xXNoctisXx said:
Does the DVD 5 Version freeze?

There are a few DVD5 versions out there.

Im using the Japanese version of Brawl (DVD5) as the Japanese voices are too good!

No crashes unless you decide to play Adventure mode.

You dont need Adventure Mode to get all Characters and Stages.

Loading is the same. I thought it would be faster as its on a single layer dvd, but its the same amount of time.

stretch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:
Im using the Japanese version of Brawl (DVD5) as the Japanese voices are too good!
Ahhhh, I want the JAP version so badly. So, did you have to do a WiiBrickBlocker and WiigionFree in that order on the ISO?

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i thought scrubbing SSBB turned it into the DVD5 version? I use the DL version but I swear when it came out after scrubbing it took it down to normal DVD size because thats how the scrubber recognised things properly?

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
d0nut said:
Tichinde925 said:
Ahhhh, I want the JAP version so badly. So, did you have to do a WiiBrickBlocker and WiigionFree in that order on the ISO?

Not at all because im using a backup loader.

If your on 3.2 with Starfall, then you dont have to as it blocks updates.

If your not on 3.2, you can just use GeckoOS to force region settings. This also bypasses the update.

Scrubbed = Makes all garbage data 00 in hex.

Meaning it will be compressed alot more when zipped.

Super Paper Mario, when Scrubbed, comes out to 600 MB when zipped.

When unzipped, its back to the default 4.37 GBs.

Decrypting discs causes the .iso to lose the garbage data all together, making the .iso smaller.

stretch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Flawsdraw said:
i thought scrubbing SSBB turned it into the DVD5 version? I use the DL version but I swear when it came out after scrubbing it took it down to normal DVD size because thats how the scrubber recognised things properly?
I think kashin probably don't know what he/she is talking about.

Nevermind
ph34r.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Scrubbing reduces the size and gets rid of non required content.
Patching usually downsizes as well but in the case of SBB is makes it bigger again.

stretch

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:

If your not on 3.2, you can just use GeckoOS to force region settings. This also bypasses the update.
So, you're saying that I could play a backup game that's in a different region by using the GeckoOS homebrew app instead of the Backup Launcher, and bypass updates?

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard that nintendo can find out if you are playing scrubbed games and possibly make them not work anymore, any truth to that?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zerof said:
I've heard that nintendo can find out if you are playing scrubbed games and possibly make them not work anymore, any truth to that?

I hear that microsoft will give me 500 euro for each person i pass a mail on to within 3 hours of getting it.
Bill gates delivers the cash to my door himself

zerof

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
zerof said:

I hear that microsoft will give me 500 euro for each person i pass a mail on to within 3 hours of getting it.

Nope, you'll find out your true love though.

But, it could happen or at least I think there is the potential to. I'm guessing you don't think it's plausible at all.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
d0nut said:
Tichinde925 said:

So, you're saying that I could play a backup game that's in a different region by using the GeckoOS homebrew app instead of the Backup Launcher, and bypass updates?

I was under the assumption you were using a modchip.

If you had a modchip, you could bypass the update by using GeckOS.

If your using the backup loader, there is no point as it automatically launches the game without having to update.

And you also have the option to force whatever region your Wii is.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:

QUOTEI hear that microsoft will give me 500 euro for each person i pass a mail on to within 3 hours of getting it.

Lol, your worse than me djtaz, haha

Hey, yeah its true, Nintendo will send an update immediately to your wii, and it will blow your wii up and trip your electric haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?