RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll watch DVD quality any day over paying for a streaming service.

Weird. Enjoy your 480p. 720p, 1080p, and 4K content is readily available without paying for any streaming service.

I don't even no anyone who owns a 4K display yet so.

Not sure which of the two comments are more odd. So you know like 3 people? Literally everyone I know in both Canada and the US have 4K televisions. I don't think tv's lower than 4K have even been made for years on end except for sizes smaller than 40".

Anyway. The entire thing is pointless to begin with. It's like the tutorial on how to convert videos to watch on a 3DS. Why tf would anyone want to watch a movie on a 3DS over their phone, tablet, laptop, pc, or tv?

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Weird. Enjoy your 480p. 720p, 1080p, and 4K content is readily available without paying for any streaming service.
There is nothing weird about this. In many cases 480p is good enough. Small file size might be appealing. Even further: Resolution is not all: I've seen 1080p streams with so low data rate that an old DVD looks like IMAX in comparison.
I would not know any really legal(!) option to watch commercial movies and TV series in high quality for free via streaming. FInding used DVDs or BDs is often easy, legal and cheap… and works offline.

Why tf would anyone want to watch a movie on a 3DS over their phone, tablet, laptop, pc, or tv?
"Why would anybody watch a movie on a phone!?" ← that is what I think. Small screen, garbage loudspeaker (or even using headphones… brrrr).
Should I now post: "What is the point to watch a movie on a phone?"
Rather not, because other people will think differently!
Why would anybody want to watch a movie on a 3DS? Maybe because it is fun? Maybe it is a nice experience to use a device for something it was never intended. Maybe watching some movie with stereoscopic function has some appeal? Like before everybody and their dog unisono decided "3D was a stupid gimmick to begin with"

Anyway. The entire thing is pointless to begin with
There is more than one opinion on a subject. Just because one person thinks a specific thing makes no sense… not everybody has to think the same.
The really pointless thing is a condescending: "Have fun being weird with outdated junk"

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is nothing weird about this. In many cases 480p is good enough. Small file size might be appealing. Even further: Resolution is not all: I've seen 1080p streams with so low data rate that an old DVD looks like IMAX in comparison.
I would not know any really legal(!) option to watch commercial movies and TV series in high quality for free via streaming. FInding used DVDs or BDs is often easy, legal and cheap… and works offline.

Solution here is pretty simple. Don't download 2 hour 1080p movies that are 500MB. Finding hard copies of DVD's and BD's is far, far, FAR more expensive than finding QUALITY versions of the same films for free.

"Why would anybody watch a movie on a phone!?" ← that is what I think. Small screen, garbage loudspeaker (or even using headphones… brrrr).
Should I now post: "What is the point to watch a movie on a phone?"
Rather not, because other people will think differently!

Reading comprehension helps in this case. I said OVER a phone, etc.

There is more than one opinion on a subject. Just because one person thinks a specific thing makes no sense… not everybody has to think the same.
The really pointless thing is a condescending: "Have fun being weird with outdated junk"

Really? Pot, meet kettle.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
. Finding hard copies of DVD's and BD's is far, far, FAR more expensive than finding QUALITY versions of the same films for free.
Reading competence helps in this case. I said LEGAL.
There are far too many condescending people out there throwing away their "junk" for pennies. I'm talking about moving boxes full of discs for 10€. I'm far too lazy to even consider searching illegal options under these circumstances. I don't give a d*mn on illegal downloads and/or streams.

I said OVER a phone, etc.
I must confess I suffer from language barrier in this case more than from missing reading competence. Watching a movie over the phone… I've interpreted this as using the internal display of said phone. Connecting the phone to whatever large screen – like a TV – would be watching a movie with/on/over the TV (no matter what video source).

Really? Pot, meet kettle.
I have no idea what this means.
=======

In any case it seems you want to be right and everybody not agreeing is wrong, doing pointless things or whatever negative attribute. Even my statement about different opinions was worth a "🤣" reaction – probably not meant in the friendly way (laugh with) but in the unfriendly way (laugh at)… just guessing here.
What I don't understand: If you think this way, why respond to a topic about such pointless things in the first place? Have morons like myself enjoy their stuff and you just enjoy yours.
I'll stop at this point and won't reply here anymore as this goes horribly off-topic.

Each to their own is my stance on this. Don't make fun of anybody for anything. ROFL. LMAO. SMH. ←(There are probably more of these)

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reading competence helps in this case. I said LEGAL.
There are far too many condescending people out there throwing away their "junk" for pennies. I'm talking about moving boxes full of discs for 10€. I'm far too lazy to even consider searching illegal options under these circumstances. I don't give a d*mn on illegal downloads and/or streams..

Take your own advice about reading competence. I don't care if you said legal. That doesn't mean the other option ceases to exist. If you choose to watch boxes full of 480p content over the 1080p your tv is capable of just because it's cheap, that doesn't change the fact that any price is more expensive than free. For that matter, you can also get an awful lot of Blu-ray's for cheap too. You're also moving your goal post here bud. You very precisely said legal STREAMING methods. You didn't mention downloads whatsoever. If you meant something else other than what you literally said, that's a mark on your lack of ability to properly express yourself. Not on my reading ability. Not to mention, there are in fact many FREE and LEGAL streaming options that have 720p, 1080p, and 4K content. Not my fault that you don't know of them.

I must confess I suffer from language barrier in this case more than from missing reading competence. Watching a movie over the phone… I've interpreted this as using the internal display of said phone. Connecting the phone to whatever large screen – like a TV – would be watching a movie with/on/over the TV (no matter what video source).

Or perhaps that reading competence you were talking about? This is not difficult to figure out. "Over", meaning as opposed to. Not over as in "I talked to my mother over the phone" or "I drove over the bridge".

I have no idea what this means.

Please see the post directly above this one. Your statement of "There is more than one opinion on a subject. Just because one person thinks a specific thing makes no sense… not everybody has to think the same." is a prime example of pot calling the kettle black.

In any case it seems you want to be right and everybody not agreeing is wrong, doing pointless things or whatever negative attribute. Even my statement about different opinions was worth a "🤣" reaction – probably not meant in the friendly way (laugh with) but in the unfriendly way (laugh at)… just guessing here.
What I don't understand: If you think this way, why respond to a topic about such pointless things in the first place? Have morons like myself enjoy their stuff and you just enjoy yours.
I'll stop at this point and won't reply here anymore as this goes horribly off-topic.

Each to their own is my stance on this. Don't make fun of anybody for anything. ROFL. LMAO. SMH. ←(There are probably more of these)

ROFL. LMAO. SMH.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Didn't know WiiMC would open .iso files (despite playing most SD quality media files).

Funny enough WiiMC will also play real DVDs – not only from the internal drive (if old enough), but also from external USB DVD drive.

It does sound like an interesting idea. Running a Wii emulator on PC executing homebrew software for media playback using a virtual DVD.
20 detours and you got a headache when finally arriving.

I do. And (S)VCD. And VHS.
Hell, anything is better than signing up on various streaming providers with huge monthly costs to have nothing in your hands.
Condescending snobs "who have left behind the 200x years" are giving away their DVD/BD collection for pennies (next year probably for almost nothing)… because "Who is still watching DVDs?" → :rofl2:

Easy opportunity to get lots and lots and lots of movies/series for creating your own digital archive, independent from any polluted online service.
Any chance WiiMC could use the HD-DVD drive for the Xbox 360? Don't have one, just curious.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...