A question about .app files

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Masterlink, May 16, 2016.

1. Masterlink
    OP

Masterlink Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2015
    Hey guys, I have a little bit of trouble here, and I'd like to ask something that might seem stupid to those with more knowledge than me. Basically, a few parts of my SD card got corrupted for some reason, and while making a full backup, I noticed that three .app files inside Nintendo 3DS\ID0\ID1\title are in the corrupted areas, so I can't make a backup of them with my computer (strangely enough, they do work on my 3DS, as the games related to them boot and play perfectly), and they are for games that a couple friends have in digital format, so my question is: Can I ask my friends to upload the .app files that I can't copy from my own SD card, or are they console-locked? I'm planning on buying a new SD card, but I'm not sure if they work on every console. If not, what can I do? Delete them on my console and download them again? I assume I have to backup my save file with something like SaveDataFiler or JK's Save Manager if I don't want to lose them.

Also, if the 3DS is able to read the game files properly, can I somehow make a working copy of them with just the console? I'd love to save those 6+ hours of downloading the games since my internet connection is very crappy.

Any help is appreciated!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice