Hacking a possible working falshcart(+a question)

the avenger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i have a local store around me that has some r4i flash carts,and i was thinking of buying a 3ds,i have been following things around here for a bit and i see that the latest update blocked almost all flashcarts except for later versions of the r4i's from http://www.r4ids.cn/ but i wasn't sure it was one of those so i went to check it and saw it has the site r4i-gold.eu on it.
i gave up on that idea and moved on but just now i opened that site and saw that it says it supports N3DS V4.4.0-10 perfectly.
now i just ask someone with knowledge or someone that has the card to check it out.
also another question can anyone just tell me the whole update process for this if it works and how to use it cause this is my first nintendo device after the snes
and is a ds required for updating even if i am running a supported firmware?
thnx in advance

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
the card needs to already run on the console to update it
(DSTwo is the only one that breaks that rule but thats why is awesome)

the card site doesnt say how it updates but it is most likely either a .nds file you run
or
ens.jpg

there are no other methods for normal cards

normally if a store sells them you can ask them to apply the update for you

the avenger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yah thnx but is the support for the new firmware confirmed cause right now thats the most important thing for me and i can't have him update it cause he is an idiot in a cloth center that just happens to have a video game corner that just happens to have some of those carts(surprised the shit out of me) and when i was watching it he asked me what it is.

ps:if the support for the latest firmware is confirmed is there something like the pcb thing in other cards where some are supported and some are not cause that thing has been sitting there for over a year

pss: the 3ds doesn't happen to auto update right?

the avenger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK ok thnx for the info but does anyone that has the r4i gold 3ds from r4i-gold.eu to post a usage guide or

ps:and also can anyone with the card pm me cause i still have lotsa question's

the avenger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok but just one prob the files on this flashcart site are confusing and how do i use the moon shell thing to get multimedia working on it
oh and should there be any problems if i switch the sd later

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The thing you need to download is the first thing they list on the download page (in english). You download that and extract it onto your MicroSD.

To set up moonshell, you generally copy it to it's own folder on the MicroSD.

The software is stored on the SD, so if you change SDs you'll want to copy everything off the old one onto the new one.

the avenger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so let me get this wrapped up quickly i just buy the 3ds and the carts and a suitable sd,plug the sd into my pc one way or another,copy the kernel and latest update on it and let update before i turn on wifi on my 3ds, after it updates i plug it into the pc,place the games and turn on the wifi and update the 3ds right?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't bought the cart yet, don't get that one. Get either the r4ids.cn one, or the Supercard DSTwo, those have proven they can bypass the latest 3DS firmware update.

1 - Buy the 3DS.
2 - Buy the r4ids.cn cart or the DSTwo from a shop that updates their carts before selling them. The 3DS you buy is most likely going to come with a recent firmware version already installed, they don't come with 1.0 anymore.
3 - When you get the cart, you download the software from the cart's site and extract it onto the MicroSD. For the DSTwo there's a guide here, since the DSTwo can do a lot more.
http://gbatemp.net/topic/290190-the-supercard-dstwo-beginners-guide-how-to-setup-the-dstwo/
4 - Set up the update file and run it before updating your 3DS.

It's better that you never update the 3DS anyways, since almost every update will try to block your flash cart. If you don't like that, don't buy a 3DS. The DS Lite, for example, has no such updates or worries.

the avenger

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't bought the cart yet, don't get that one. Get either the r4ids.cn one, or the Supercard DSTwo, those have proven they can bypass the latest 3DS firmware update.

1 - Buy the 3DS.
2 - Buy the r4ids.cn cart or the DSTwo from a shop that updates their carts before selling them. The 3DS you buy is most likely going to come with a recent firmware version already installed, they don't come with 1.0 anymore.
3 - When you get the cart, you download the software from the cart's site and extract it onto the MicroSD. For the DSTwo there's a guide here, since the DSTwo can do a lot more.
http://gbatemp.net/t...etup-the-dstwo/
4 - Set up the update file and run it before updating your 3DS.

It's better that you never update the 3DS anyways, since almost every update will try to block your flash cart. If you don't like that, don't buy a 3DS. The DS Lite, for example, has no such updates or worries.
yah i know that's better than my original plan but i have the single problem that i don't own or have someway to access a credit card to get the dstwo and no shops around me sell flashcarts (i found that cart by chance) or the other r4i i just was able to consider getting the 3ds and updating the 3ds is ok as long as i have my flashcart patched for that firmware

ps:also this card supports the 4.4.0-10 update so no worries short term

Reactions: 1 person

samljer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yah thnx but is the support for the new firmware confirmed cause right now thats the most important thing for me and i can't have him update it cause he is an idiot in a cloth center that just happens to have a video game corner that just happens to have some of those carts(surprised the shit out of me) and when i was watching it he asked me what it is.

ps:if the support for the latest firmware is confirmed is there something like the pcb thing in other cards where some are supported and some are not cause that thing has been sitting there for over a year

pss: the 3ds doesn't happen to auto update right?

There are different versions of R4I cards
make sure you are getting ONLY

R4iDS Gold 3DS
or
R4i Gold 3DS

and make sure they arent clones. see online to tell the difference before u go buy one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1