A new DeSmuME 0.9.6 x86 problem?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by tommyrocket, Sep 23, 2010.

Sep 23, 2010
  1. tommyrocket
    OP

Newcomer tommyrocket Member

United States
    Okay, recently just after beating the 2nd gym leader, we go out to fight the team plasma guys who stole some museum stuff, right? So now, when saving the game starts to lag extremely bad. I don't know why, and the save file is 8mb large...

Can anyone shed some light on this? It never used to lag while saving until recently.

-Edit-
    Oh yeah, after restarting the game after that save lag...the game still boots the save but with an error in red and a bunch of text followed by yes and no buttons. Is it some save battery error?

2. Takanato

Member Takanato GBAtemp Fan

Jamaica
    ..>Thats happened to me too..but..I didn;t restart during the lag..Man Desmume sucks..>> Just let the lag slide.

3. tommyrocket
    OP

United States
    Well, I didn't restart during the lag, but after it's done saving. It appears if I press the "No" button, it brings up two more yes and no's and talks about the C-Gear...asking if I want to have it off when I continue the save...at least I guess that's what it says.

4. ImNotLikeYou

Newcomer ImNotLikeYou Newbie

United States
    I don't know the problem with the save file size, but just press Yes when you start the game.
    It's for the C-Gear.

5. dansparrow

Newcomer dansparrow Advanced Member

Argentina
    You could try deleting the saved file. I mean, start the emulator, the game and load the game. Once you are in-game, delete the .dsv file and save again so it creates a new file and you can see if it takes so much time. (Make sure you make a backup just in case)

6. pumloveju

Newcomer pumloveju Newbie

Thailand
    I use x64 version it's work fine

7. tommyrocket
    OP

United States
    My computer has to use 32 bit to work I think. I tried deleting the save file, after backing it up of course, like dansparrow mentioned. It did indeed save a lot faster. And the second save after that too. It seems that after a while of saving it just takes a long time?...but the sound lag and temporal freeze still exists. By a temporal freeze, I mean around 0.3 ~ 0.6 seconds or so. So around 1 ~ 3 frames per second speed of the game during saving.

As mentioned in my first post of this topic, It barely started after the second gym. I'm guessing it might be an AP thing, or it's just an emulator problem. Whatever the case, at least the lag doesn't affect my save at all. It just kind of tests my patience.