Hacking A little question

Demifiend

The bored one
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, i could see in some tutorials how some people could Install .cia on their 3ds, and i was thinking, If my SD is 8gb to put an example, i download some games, install them, beat them, and then i have the urge to play other games without losing the save, match, any word refering to the progress of the player on a game, How can i (no pun intended) save the "sav" files on my computer, if that's the format the 3ds saves are on it.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Well, i could see in some tutorials how some people could Install .cia on their 3ds, and i was thinking, If my SD is 8gb to put an example, i download some games, install them, beat them, and then i have the urge to play other games without losing the save, match, any word refering to the progress of the player on a game, How can i (no pun intended) save the "sav" files on my computer, if that's the format the 3ds saves are on it.
I think the most secure way for cia games is to back up with savedatafiler.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And how exactly does that work?
Launch Save Data Filer, on the first tab you see scroll down and find your game [Shown as a game ID]
You can find the game ID HERE

So then you press Y on the game you want to backup. The backed up data will be on the third tab, where you can restore it anytime. You won't be able to tell what the backed up saves are since they're just numbers. But the last bit of the title ID is shown, type it into the search box in 3DS Essch

imadeanaccountjustforthis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can find the game ID HERE
Seeing as 3ds.essh.co is currently borked and only lists 50 titles, I'd advise using the Wayback Machine snapshot until it is fixed.
Use CTRL+F to search for the Title ID. It's not the best solution, but it's a workaround.
Titles released after this snapshot won't be listed, however. Keep that in mind.

Reactions: MattKimura

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seeing as 3ds.essh.co is currently borked and only lists 50 titles, I'd advise using the Wayback Machine snapshot until it is fixed.
Use CTRL+F to search for the Title ID. It's not the best solution, but it's a workaround.
Titles released after this snapshot won't be listed, however. Keep that in mind.
Ah yeah I noticed that. What happened to their site? It was really useful for finding new scene releases. Do they still add new releases to 3DS essh?

imadeanaccountjustforthis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What happened to their site? It was really useful for finding new scene releases. Do they still add new releases to 3DS essh?
Your guess is as good as mine.
The site's been in this state since a few days. The XML file was working for a day or two, but it returns a 404 when attempting to load it now.
Here's hoping that it will be fixed soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/nTSxdJWZiRA