Hardware A little help with my sd card?

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its been acting up a few days a go, where basically it just kind of crapped out on me.
i cant format it at all, using the basic windows format or most windows formatting utilities, or the basic windows disk manager. i also cannot delete files currently on it, but can use the sd card normally. im not entirely sure whats wrong with it.

its a sandisk 32 gb, 2 partitions (fat32, ext2)
can be used like normal, which is really whats tripping me up, else i would just say its dying.

sidenote:
formatting just says it failed

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Sounds like it’s either stuck in read-only mode (a slider switch on the side of the SD card) or it’s reached its write-threshold. This would be the more graceful way to die, as more often the controller will fail before the NAND meaning you don’t get any data off it.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format it with something like GParted?
GParted is left hanging

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sounds like it’s either stuck in read-only mode (a slider switch on the side of the SD card) or it’s reached its write-threshold. This would be the more graceful way to die, as more often the controller will fail before the NAND meaning you don’t get any data off it.

I'm just gonna assume its the write threshold, because I forgot to mention its a microsd so it doesn't have that switch xd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol