ROM Hack A Little Help with a hacked GTA: Chinatown Wars ROM variant and the Cy

fukken_uber_deat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi, I've been on these boards for a while now, but I just decided to register.

I'm having trouble getting the AR codes to work with my Grand Theft Auto China Town Wars and CycloDS Evolution. I have a version that was hacked to specifically work with the CycloDS before the AR fix codes were made by iNFiNiTy. I've been playing it for a while, and kept thinking that there weren't any codes available. Now I know there are, but the code screen still doesn't come up when I load my GTA CW. I've been trying to edit the cheat codes found in user.evoCheats, but the damn CycloDS Evolution Tools Cheat Editor is crap. It won't let me add additional GTA games to the database and it won't let me change the ID of the GTA game already in there. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I've been working with it for a while. From what I can figure, there are a few different GTA CW games with unique IDs:

YGXE DEE4AA12 (the original ROM and the one found in the database)
YGXE 5BE594AA (mine)***
YGXE D694D447 (the original ROM hack that doesn't work with the CycloDS)
YGXE 6F785128 (a post ARM7 patch ROM)

Anyway, I tried editing the cheats.xml file myself using Notepad and then loading the cheats.xml file into CDS Evolution Tools Cheat Editor. The editor supposedly supports .xml files, but it wouldn't load my .xml file or any other .xml file no matter what I did. As far as I can tell now, there isn't any other way to edit the game ID and put it into the format that CycloDS Evolution likes. All I need to do is change the YGXE DEE4AA12 ID for GTA CW to YGXE 5BE594AA (mine) and I should get the option to load the cheats when I fire up the game. It seems simple, but it isn't.

Could someone please tell me how to do this easily. If not, would you be so kind as to send me the updated (as of yesterday) user.evoCheats file found on this website with my GTA CW's ID instead of the one found in the file? Thank you for the help.

Fyga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

fukken_uber_deat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Sweet. Thanks for all the replies. I've actually downloaded that program before but haven't used it. For some reason, I had it in my head that R4cce was specifically for R4DS! Duh. I suspect that things will go smoothly now.
smile.gif
)))

fukken_uber_deat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeeehaaaw, it works. Great program, easy to figure out. Many thanks, mates!

Now if we could just get a more stable RTS feature on the CycloDS Evolution. It doesn't like GTA at all
smile.gif

Cheers!

gbasp.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok