Homebrew A Little Help Guys?

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Use browserhax to set up menuhax, then run EmuNAND9 from HBL from menuhax

Also make sure you have all the files you need for EmuNAND9 to run, which are included in EmuNAND9's .zip

EDIT: Wait, wait. Have you even downgraded yet? This program doesn't work properly unless your sysnand is already on 9.2 or lower firmware.

Umm.....I think Im still on 10.3......

Is that way EmuNAND9 isn't working? I followed that link guide all the way...

Osga21

Full Time Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ive launched Browserhax I think. Ive used this tutorial https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/ and now I'm at this part :Enter Homebrew Launcher via Browser again and start EmuNAND9. Now create a NAND backup by navigating to EmuNAND Manager Options and Dump SysNAND to NAND.bin.

Only I keep getting a red and black flashing screen before it goes back to the Homebrew menu:/
That means that it's not getting into browserhax completely, it happens a lot, for some reason moving your analog stick seems to help. try deleting history, cache and cookis from the browser too, browserhax is a little temperamental

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That means that it's not getting into browserhax completely, it happens a lot, for some reason moving your analog stick seems to help. try deleting history, cache and cookis from the browser too, browserhax is a little temperamental
Can i just confirm:Is that guide a "How To Downgrade" one?

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm.....I think Im still on 10.3......

Is that way EmuNAND9 isn't working? I followed that link guide all the way...
Yeah, you should downgrade your sysnand first. Search google for "[MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions)" and create an account on the ISO site I can't name on GBATemp and download the proper 9.2 update pack for your 3DS. Pay attention to Region and O3DS/N3DS, because if you get the wrong pack you WILL brick.

You'll need to use one of these two versions of sysupdater:

julian20: https://gbatemp.net/threads/407888/page-95#post-5923820
safesysupdater: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-safesysupdater.409392/

The second one is probably safer. Copy the /updates/ folder from your update pack to SD:/, run sysupdater through menuhax HBL, then press Y to downgrade when you see non-glitched text (any crash or glitching you see when running the program, reboot: it might require several reboots)

When it's done let it reboot and hope you're on 9.2. If it crashes, take out your SD card and wait about a minute, then report back if it crashed again.

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, you should downgrade your sysnand first. Search google for "[MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions)" and create an account on the ISO site I can't name on GBATemp and download the proper 9.2 update pack for your 3DS. Pay attention to Region and O3DS/N3DS, because if you get the wrong pack you WILL brick.

You'll need to use one of these two versions of sysupdater:

julian20: https://gbatemp.net/threads/407888/page-95#post-5923820
safesysupdater: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-safesysupdater.409392/

The second one is probably safer. Copy the /updates/ folder from your update pack to SD:/, run sysupdater through menuhax HBL, then press Y to downgrade when you see non-glitched text (any crash or glitching you see when running the program, reboot: it might require several reboots)

When it's done let it reboot and hope you're on 9.2. If it crashes, take out your SD card and wait about a minute, then report back if it crashed again.

Jesus,this is giving me a headache! haha. Can I just stay on 10.3 and use Ironhax for a while or is that dead?

Osga21

Full Time Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can i just confirm:Is that guide a "How To Downgrade" one?
Umm, no, that's what you do after you've downgraded. Forget that guide, what you want is this guide, which is especially helpful because it has a video. However, you'll have to change a couple of things:
  1. Instead of using sysupdater, use SafeSysUpdater, it's essentially the same program, but it lets you check the integrity of your update files in order to prevent bricks.
  2. After you've finished the tutorial and got rxTools working, go ahead and replace your rxtools files with these ones, they are more up to date and will work with ctrbootmanager
  3. This is optional, but highly recommended: install menuhax and then install ctrbootmanager

Reactions: ChokingVictim87

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Umm, no, that's what you do after you've downgraded. Forget that guide, what you want is this guide, which is especially helpful because it has a video. However, you'll have to change a couple of things:
  1. Instead of using sysupdater, use SafeSysUpdater, it's essentially the same program, but it lets you check the integrity of your update files in order to prevent bricks.
  2. After you've finished the tutorial and got rxTools working, go ahead and replace your rxtools files with these ones, they are more up to date and will work with ctrbootmanager
  3. This is optional, but highly recommended: install menuhax and then install ctrbootmanager

Im guessing this is all explained in the video yeah? Ive only ever used Ironhax,whats menu hax? Thanks for the help guys,I really appreciate it.

Osga21

Full Time Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Im guessing this is all explained in the video yeah? Ive only ever used Ironhax,whats menu hax? Thanks for the help guys,I really appreciate it.
The video explains everything except for the last step, but there's a load of tutorial on how to install menuhax and ctrbootmanager, so you'll be fine

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jesus,this is giving me a headache! haha. Can I just stay on 10.3 and use Ironhax for a while or is that dead?
Ironhax will stay as long as you are on 10.3, but it died when 10.4 came out.

You can continue using Ironhax as long as you stay on 10.3, or update to 10.5 and use the updated browserhax to install the updated menuhax.

However, if you downgrade, you will have a more permanent solution to homebrew, and also be able to take advantage of the benefits that come with a CFW, like .cia installation and updating your system through emunand.

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok,so I got the file and did as the video said.I selected downgrade and its just a black screen,is this normal? Benn 4 minutes not of just two black screens

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just get chrome or firefox, there are versions for osx, safari is rubbish anyways
Got Chrome:P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Should I turn it off and try again?

Last edited by ChokingVictim87,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.