Homebrew A Little Help Guys?

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Im still on Firmware10.3 for my new 3DS and have been using Ironhax. Is it worth downgrading? I only use the Homebrew for the themes,emulators and also Save Data Backup of my Pokemon carts so I can use PKhex.

Wouldn't mind getting into the Badge thing either. Any help is appreciated:)

Grim Ripper

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If you make an emuNAND (after downgrading) then yeah you'll be able to access the e-shop without any problems.
You can backup your physical carts the same way you do it now.

I hope that i resolved some of your questions. :)

P.S emuNAND = a clone of the 3ds system but it's running from the sd card

Osga21

Full Time Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes, it is worth it. Just be sure to read the guides very carefully and make sure you get the right files for your console. After you downgrade, create an emunand and then you can update your emunand to whatever the last version is. If you don't downgrade now you'll probably have to wait a ling time before you can downgrade again.

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes, it is worth it. Just be sure to read the guides very carefully and make sure you get the right files for your console. After you downgrade, create an emunand and then you can update your emunand to whatever the last version is. If you don't downgrade now you'll probably have to wait a ling time before you can downgrade again.

What do you mean if your on 10.3 wouldn't you be able to downgrade anytime?

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Im at the part where you have to start EmuNAND9 to create a NAND back up,but when i click it to open,the screen flashes red 3 times then goes back to the Homebrew menu:/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yes, but again, you're gonna want menuhax since it allows autobooting.
Ive followed the steps all the way to the part about backing up a NAND. Its just flashing red and black,then goes back to the Homebrew screen. I don't know why:/

Osga21

Full Time Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What do you mean if your on 10.3 wouldn't you be able to downgrade anytime?
What I meant is that if you are running a version ABOVE 10.3 you won't be able to downgrade for a long time. As of now, there is no reason to stay in 10.3, either downgrade to 9.2 or update to the latest firm. Of course you can have the best of both worlds and downgrade your sysNAND to 9.2 and have your emunand on 10.5

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What I meant is that if you are running a version ABOVE 10.3 you won't be able to downgrade for a long time. As of now, there is no reason to stay in 10.3, either downgrade to 9.2 or update to the latest firm. Of course you can have the best of both worlds and downgrade your sysNAND to 9.2 and have your emunand on 10.5
O followed all the steps posted above and cannot get into EmuNAND9 to make a NAND back up

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyone!? Im really stuck....

ChokingVictim87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Why don't you launch gateway through your browser and use gateway's nand backup tool?
Ive launched Browserhax I think. Ive used this tutorial https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/ and now I'm at this part :Enter Homebrew Launcher via Browser again and start EmuNAND9. Now create a NAND backup by navigating to EmuNAND Manager Options and Dump SysNAND to NAND.bin.

Only I keep getting a red and black flashing screen before it goes back to the Homebrew menu:/

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive launched Browserhax I think. Ive used this tutorial https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/ and now I'm at this part :Enter Homebrew Launcher via Browser again and start EmuNAND9. Now create a NAND backup by navigating to EmuNAND Manager Options and Dump SysNAND to NAND.bin.

Only I keep getting a red and black flashing screen before it goes back to the Homebrew menu:/
Use browserhax to set up menuhax, then run EmuNAND9 from HBL from menuhax

Also make sure you have all the files you need for EmuNAND9 to run, which are included in EmuNAND9's .zip

EDIT: Wait, wait. Have you even downgraded yet? This program doesn't work properly unless your sysnand is already on 9.2 or lower firmware.

Last edited by CrispyYoshi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm sleepy good night