Hacking A Little Help for This Noobie

csimmons222

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quite some time ago, I hacked my Wii U and used Haxchi. I installed RetroArch, played some ROMS and then set it down and haven't picked it up since. I would like to hook up an external drive to the Wii U and install some of my Wii and Wii U games on it. What is the best method of doing this? Is it also to put GameCube games on this external drive as well? What about ROMS from other systems to play using RetroArch....can those games go on the same external hard drive as well?

I don't mind reading tutorials and whatnot but it just seems that there is a dozen ways to skin the cat when it comes to modding the Wii U so I am a bit overwhelmed and confused. If someone could point me in the right directions then that would be great!

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Quite some time ago, I hacked my Wii U and used Haxchi. I installed RetroArch, played some ROMS and then set it down and haven't picked it up since. I would like to hook up an external drive to the Wii U and install some of my Wii and Wii U games on it. What is the best method of doing this? Is it also to put GameCube games on this external drive as well? What about ROMS from other systems to play using RetroArch....can those games go on the same external hard drive as well?

I don't mind reading tutorials and whatnot but it just seems that there is a dozen ways to skin the cat when it comes to modding the Wii U so I am a bit overwhelmed and confused. If someone could point me in the right directions then that would be great!

Hello.:)

For your Wii U HDD Question:
Unfortunately it is not "directly" possible to use ONE HDD for all Games.The Wii U uses its own "System" and will format any other Drive that is not conform with it (you can prevent this of course.)

So you need a HDD for the Wii U Games if you use the WUP Format
or
a big SD Card if you want to use the Loadiine Format.

For The GameCube Games you can use also the SD Card or
you can put it together with the Wii Games on an other HDD.
(formatted with FAT32,prefered).
You can mod your vWii and use an USBLoader (maybe to prefer,you have more "Options" like using Cheats for Example).
It needs an extra HDD,a Wii Motion Controller and/or an GameCube Controller with USB Adapter.No Wii U GamePad Support for playing actual.

or

you can use an VC inject Tool to make VC Injects of your Wii and GameCube Games and Install it with the WUP Installer GX2 to the USB HDD.
It is limited to 300 Games,but you can use the Wii U GamePad for Playing.As I said above only one HDD is not "directly" possible,the VC Injects "Solution" are install the Games on the same USB HDD like the Wii U Games.
Please Note: The Wii U HDD can not be read with an PC normally.

Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat