Gaming A link to the past/four swords help please

FunkyTable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow it's been a long road.

So there are four files available on gamefaqs. I tried each one and here are the results I got.

DarkCloud → It worked, but sadly does not have Four Swords completed enough to provide extra content.
Ichiro → Blank saves
n64advance → Blank saves
Luziano → Gameshark wouldn't convert it.

Odd that one works and the other two are blank. I'm going to try the same files with a different emulator and see if that yields different results.

Last edited by FunkyTable,

EuanF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried these and the second GameShark one loads fine for me in mGBA in OpenEmu on my Mac after I converted it. After converting the GameShark SP one it shows as blank to me in the game (not sure why -- took a quick look at the file and didn't see anything weird. Maybe a different version of the ROM or something).

The 4th one on that page claims to be a GameShark file for the Japanese version of the game. But the tool won't convert it, and that's because it's actually a raw save. It worked find for me in mGBA as well once I renamed it.

Hopefully you can get the second one working at least! Maybe double-check that you got the filename exactly right, including the extension.

Last edited by EuanF,

FunkyTable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a great solution, though it wasn't going down the same path. I got a game boy advance emulator that does well with linking two-player games on one computer. So I have two small screens that can run Four Swords linked together. That way, I can create my own sace the right way, through multiplayer. I already tested to see if this emulator creates save files I can transfer to mGBA on my SNES mini, and it works fine.

So that's a double win. Now I'll get to play the new Link to the Past content, and I'll get to play through four swords with my kids. That's the best possible solution.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

All that being said, thanks so much for the help. Maybe I'll upload one of my saves to game faqs when all this is over.

Reactions: emcintosh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-