A have some issues...

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by Gohobojoe, Apr 24, 2013.

Apr 24, 2013

A have some issues... by Gohobojoe at 12:08 AM (349 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Gohobojoe
    OP

Member Gohobojoe GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    2 in particular. One is about the sleep mode of my laptop and the second is about the wireless mouse I have.

My laptop has been having issues with the sleep mode lately. Basically, when I enter sleep mode, the screen becomes dark and then after a while the hard drive will stop spinning. That's what's supposed to happen, but instead the hard drive doesn't stop. It just doesn't stop and because of that, I can't do anything but do a forced shut down by holding the power.
    At first I updated my laptop. Got the latest video driver, and the latest Windows updates, and it went into sleep mode fine. And then some days later, the sleep mode problem came back.
    Of course, that means now I use hibernate. But here's the funny thing. After doing a hibernation and then later on in the day I use sleep mode by accident, it goes into sleep mode just fine.
    Basically right now, sometimes it doesn't go into sleep mode properly and sometimes it does.

Is there anything I can do so that the problem stops?

And 2, my mouse. This mouse is odd. When I first bought it, it worked fine on my white table. That was years ago and after some months, it stopped working well on the white table.
    Is it somehow possible that using a laser mouse on bedsheet somehow affects how it works on other surfaces?

I had a G700 mouse and it also had the same issue. I gave it to a friend because I stole it from a store and I forgot to take the charging cable also.

Of course, right now the mouse works fine on my bedsheet as well as my pants. Basically it works fine on fabrics right now.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    In the start menu type "msconfig" and hit enter, in the new window go to "startup" and uncheck/disable everything.
    Then restart, and see if it'll go into sleep mode just fine without all the other programs running.

3. ollepoll

Member ollepoll GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Go into the bios, there should be an option what the sleep state is, this should be set to C3, if not thats the problem