A good portable console ?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Cortexfou, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Cortexfou
    OP

Cortexfou GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    Hello,
    I would like you to advise me : I am looking for a android console (if it's dual boot windows this will be the top) that I can use in portable mode and connect to my TV but I hesitate between a real portable console or take a tablet with an horizontal grip (for controls on the side like a switch, not at the bottom of the screen like a 3DS).
    In any case, I would like my new device to have the following things:
    - Recent Android and if dual boot with Windows 10
    - Quite compact (basically, not a big tablet like the wiiu gamepad but more like a vita or switch for example)
    - With 4 buttons on the front, R2 L2 and two sticks (on the console or the grip according to your advice)
    - Mini HDMI or HDMI output via USB micro
    - Quite powerful to run "current" games (I would like to emulate up to the dreamcast and play some recent games like the telltales, GTA or other portages)
    - No matter the internal memory, I'll put an SD card
    - Rootable if possible
    - With key assignment on touchscreen for games incompatible with gamepad (if it's a console or with an app if it's a grip)
    - With wifi and Bluetooth (for a 2nd controller)
    - Democratic Prize (Hello china!). Like between 100 and 200€

Note that I will use the device only for games. So I don't care about the other features

What do you think? What is the best choice? I hope you get me advice and thank you.
    In both cases, I also plan to buy a good android bluetooth controller. If you have pipes with that too, I'm interested.

2. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    I don't think what you want exists at that price. Ya gonna have to pony up more cash and even then you'll have to accept compromises.

3. xXxSwagnemitexXx

xXxSwagnemitexXx The person who asks n00b questions

Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere
    Get any JXD or a GPD just google search for them. Some of the GPD's have Windows 10.

Saiyan Lusitano likes this.