Not open for further replies.

Unkn0wn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I'm not a homebrew dev for the 3DS as I'm pretty rubbish at C/C++/ASM but I do like to contribute ideas for people who do develop! Anyway, does anyone think we could take advantage of the IR blaster on the top of the console?

I'm asking because it would be awesome to control TV's and stuff with it. You seen devices like the HTC One M7/M8, etc - that can learn TV command codes and re-transmit them? Would be awesome if the 3DS could do so too! Would be great for pranks!

Not sure if this idea is plausible but let me know anyway! Remember - this is an idea, not a request so don't start being bitch and go ranting about "Oh, well why don't you develop it yourself?". I'd make it myself if I knew how.

Reactions: Codename

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The 3DS infrared HW isn't compatible with TVs:

"The IR hardware seems to only support IrDA-SIR, other physical protocols such as the one for TV-remotes are not supported(going by the datasheet linked here for a different IC at least)."

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/IR_Services
Also, we have a stickied thread here for future homebrew ideas. :)

Unkn0wn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The 3DS infrared HW isn't compatible with TVs:

"The IR hardware seems to only support IrDA-SIR, other physical protocols such as the one for TV-remotes are not supported(going by the datasheet linked here for a different IC at least)."

Also, we have a stickied thread here for future homebrew ideas. :)

Oh cool, thanks for the reply. Well, that's a shame that the DS's IR blaster basically sucks... I haven't referred to the 3DBrew site much as I don't think I'd benefit since I don't develop for the device - I guess I should look at it more though. Stupid me...

I wasn't aware of the stickied thread - sorry -_- I guess I'm not always observant.

DoJo_Master

Trophies
Website
www.3dsthemes.com
XP
Country
Canada
Oh cool, thanks for the reply. Well, that's a shame that the DS's IR blaster basically sucks... I haven't referred to the 3DBrew site much as I don't think I'd benefit since I don't develop for the device - I guess I should look at it more though. Stupid me...

I wasn't aware of the stickied thread - sorry -_- I guess I'm not always observant.

It could be possible to code an app that controls something like XBMC/KODI that way you can use it as a remote!

crea

Trophies
XP
Country
Lesotho
I have a homebrew idea as well.
Instead of programming an emulator from scratch, take a virtual console game and prgram a tool around it to inject the ROM from a folder to chose from, then execute the VC.

Reactions: Codename
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-not-working-on-certain-sites-w-ms-edge-browser.645937/