a freeshop for the wii shop??

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DarkRioru, Jul 2, 2016.

1. DarkRioru
    OP

DarkRioru Akage Chan's Servent

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    Fluffing Akage Chan's Tail
    is there an app for the wii that can allow free downloads from the official wiishop servers like freeshop on the 3ds??? I would be shocked if its not a thing because you can't buy wii/dsi point cards anymore... lol

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    No, such an application does not exist to my knowledge. If there's something on the Wii Shop Channel you want to get for free, find the WAD file for it online and install it with your favorite WAD installer.

3. Lacius
    This message by Lacius has been removed from public view by Cyan, Jul 2, 2016, Reason: double post.
    Jul 2, 2016
  4. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    I don't know why you honestly would. Free channels it's understandable, but digitial games worth value are a no no.

You could do it but then again it's still bad becuase your going into the greyish/blackish areas of piracy since your not buying these games legitmately.

5. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    Tell that to the FreeShop dev, I'm REALLY sure he'll give a shit...:rofl2:

6. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Eh I could just guess he would probably be pissed (LOL.) But don't expect me taking this to court, or anything. But still the Freeshop is intended to give you free purchasble content (Free Shop.) Causing damange to money loss, or stealing without buying the game from the legit company. (Piracy laws vary.)

Again while it is debatable it's still mostly on the dark side. But I'm not going to complain about it to the Dev Author becuase they worked hard on that to produce what they wanted to give to the Homebrew Community which is completely fine.

7. Red9419

Red9419 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2014
    Who really gives a shit about piracy. Well as long as they dont catch you. If you werent going to buy the game there is no loss when pirating.
    Dont want to derail the thread

Last edited by Red9419, Jul 2, 2016
    curley12 and TheVinAnator like this.
  8. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    some people really are scared to pirate a movie onlinie, sure not everyone , but some people are really worried/uninformed

Red9419 likes this.
  9. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Sadly not everyone. It is not taken to seriously by authorities unless your pirating 100's - 1000's of games for your own use. We're moving onto a completely different subject here from the OP's so I'm just going to make this short and clear and stop the discussion from there.

If they catch you pirating you really get screwed over. The offenses are not so high but they are enough to make you feel worried like "Will they catch me again" type of thing, not that I am saying it can get you arrested the first day (laws vary by country.) But that doesn't mean you should do it,

"If you weren't going to buy the game there is no loss..." Uh... So it's okay for me to go into a mall and not think about "buying a car", and stealing it, and using it like a regular car like I own it, and drive off with it? That is causing damage regardless even if it's an old car.

Same thing with video games, should I just pirate all games in the world since I don't plan on buying them? I'm pretty sure proper authorities will not accept that as an exuse if you do that. Anything that is intended to have a value stays at a value. You have to buy it legit there is no excuse to pirate a game just becuase "You weren't going to buy the game..."

Last edited by petethepug, Jul 2, 2016
  10. Jayro

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I support piracy for many, many reasons that I don't care to list here, it would be exhausting to type out... But in a nutshell, it's justified by the various and numerous shitty ways Nintendo treats us.

11. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    i doubt people in general think that nintendo treats people badly. i imagine that if you want to pirate, you find your reasons why. but i doubt those reasons apply to most people!

12. osm70

osm70 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2011
    Czech Republic
    If you do that, you are preventing someone else form using that car.

Which makes no sense. Stealing causes more damage than piracy, yet piracy is penalized more harshly. At least it is here.

petethepug likes this.
  13. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    You can't justify piracy.
    No matter how you care to put it.

I don't think it's even a good idea.
    The Wii only a has limited amount of internal space.
    You'll fill it up very quickly.

cearp likes this.
  14. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    As of System Menu 4.0 or so, installed channels can be moved to an SD card and still used.

15. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    With the need to have enough memory free to temporarily move it to NAND iirc.
    It's possible yes but you know how pirates are.
    They multi download and multi install everything, filling up the NAND before you can snap yer fingers.

16. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    I mean I don't have any money myself for various reasons ;). And my parents are in debt (no jokes GUIs, seriously though) so they don't have money to buy everything I'm wanting. I also don't have a ps4 or xbone only reason I have a wii u was for the really good deal I got on it! So the only times I buy games is every so often until piracy on that console is a thing, after that I pirate most games because I can't keep my parents buying them for that much longer. So it's easier to just but a fairly big sd card on sale and leave it at that. But I do not download the whole eshop. I download what I like, what I'm hyped for and what I'm recommended to play. Now I'm not saying that this is right but I'm passionate about gaming and it's pretty much my only option. (How I wish I could pirate the ps4 lmao)(And how I wish I win that art contest for the miyamoto NX >,<)

17. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    That's just 300-400 blocks that need to be kept free on the Wii in order to launch anything on the SD card.

18. Jayro

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    There's also emunand for the Wii. That doubles your space as well.