Gaming A Few Xbox 360 Related Questions Need Answering!??

yus786

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
right, i just bought a xbox360 from someone who came into the shop i work at for £70 with all the leads.

i havent had no experience with 360s before and have never had one before so i have a few questions that need answering please.

how do i find out if the firmware has already been flashed because i think i got it for cheap because it might have been banned from 360 live??

can i burn backups using a Plextor PX-708A with the following disks:

Memorex DVD-R's 16x
Datawrite DVD+R's 16x
Traxdata Value Pack DVD-R 8x

any help would be appreciated.

regards

yus786

yus786

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i cant go on live cos i got no memory unit and i cant work out how to connect it to my wireless router.

im trying to find out if i can run a backup by asking if the DVD drive and disks are compatible with the backups.

so please help if you can

regards

yus786

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
right, i just bought a xbox360 from someone who came into the shop i work at for £70 with all the leads.

i havent had no experience with 360s before and have never had one before so i have a few questions that need answering please.

how do i find out if the firmware has already been flashed because i think i got it for cheap because it might have been banned from 360 live??

can i burn backups using a Plextor PX-708A with the following disks:

Memorex DVD-R's 16x
Datawrite DVD+R's 16x
Traxdata Value Pack DVD-R 8x

any help would be appreciated.

regards

yus786

No, you can't burn 360 back ups with that plextor burner. You will need to get a burner that supports dual layer burning. Also you will need to use DVD+R DL media for 360 backups. I suggest using Verbatim and burn at 4x or slower. If you want to learn more about 360 hacking go to:xbox-scene.

To find out if it's flashed, just try a back up on it or open the 360 and see if the microsoft sticker has been removed( more than likely it was flashed, but they could have flashed the original firmware too). It would be better to just try a back up on it.

yus786

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cheers for all the help people

i just took the front face off and broke the controller port cover whilst doing so but the warranty sticker has been removed.

im going to get in touch with a few people to send me a backup to try on it and hopefully the firmware is still the hacked one.

regards

yus786

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol