A few questions regarding usage of Supercard

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by eXult, Apr 9, 2013.

1. eXult
    OP

eXult Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2013
    United States
    Hey everyone, first of all thanks for the previous help I had in choosing my flashcart. I ended up picking up the SuperCard DSTWO from RealHotStuff (great service by the way, item arrived in 3 days).

I have two questions regarding the usage of the flashcart. First of all, what exactly is the "Full Hotkey" and "Simple Hotkey" under the settings options? I messed with it and only thing that came out of it was when I made all buttons non crossed, it made a menu open when I clicked a button on the game, instead of opening the game itself. And then by making sure all buttons had the check mark, it made the game open instead. But I still have no clue what it does.

Second, what is the proper way to get out of a game and pick another within the flashcart? Same way as I'd do for a regular game? Home button, close software, reopen flash cart?

I would appreciate any other tips towards taking good care of the cart and making sure I use it properly. And also any tips towards good things to download to use on it.

Thanks!

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Full hotkey includes save/load state, simple doesn't. Simple is an option for the few games that might have compatibility issues with the full hotkey... though I don't know of any that ended up having issues.

For the DSTwo, in the hot menu, hit the button at the top-left.

3. eXult
    OP

eXult Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2013
    United States
    Oh ok. I'll give it a try.
    Also, I was planning to use Pokemon Ranch on the wii, which requires me to transfer pokemon from a Diamond/Pearl version. Do you know if that works? Or supercard wouldn't let me do the transfer?

4. Rydian

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Never tried any of that.

5. eXult
    OP

eXult Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2013
    United States
    Sorry to ask again, but what does checking each button on the layouts do exactly? Does it deactivate/activate them? And does it do it for the game or just the menu? Because I ended up checking it all for both, and Im not sure what the default setting was.

6. Rydian

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    If you mean the options for the hotkeys, you're telling it which key combination to use to activate each menu while in-game.

Default for full is L+R+Start, default for simple is L+R+Select.

7. eXult
    OP

eXult Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2013
    United States
    Oh wow. I feel stupid now. I didn't put together that what I was setting up was the combination. Thanks again!