Hardware A few questions about R4

Alexmark

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thinking about getting a R4 flashcard from this site (ill post the link at the bottom) from what ive gathered this is the most stable one for playing normal ds games with no extra features which is all im looking for and i had a few questions
1. has anyone bought from this site and know if it is/isn't safe?
2.is this a good investment or will Nintendo come out with an update making R4's unusable in a few months or so
3.are there any risks using one of these
like i said above all im looking for is something that can play ds games this seemed like the most known/ safest bet but if there's something better feel free to suggest it

Using a 3ds XL with the latest firmware
thanks ahead of time for the help

http://www.dsflashcart.com/r4i-gold-3ds-wood-r4i-3ds-flashcard-for-ds-dsi-3ds-p-248.html

frizzykid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can probably answer 2 and 3 for you,

2.) Nintendo does update firmware which makes r4 cards unusable after time, but I think its a software issue within the r4 card, meaning you can just update the software on the flash cart in a week or two after updating making it usable again.

3.) I think the risk that lies with this is piracy. You may also be able to find a way to load 3rd party data onto your console which can damage it if you're not careful, but if you're just using it for rom's you shouldn't have a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay