A few question that need answering...

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by WarriorMJ, Mar 30, 2009.

Mar 30, 2009
  1. WarriorMJ
    OP

Newcomer WarriorMJ Member

United Kingdom
    Firstly its my first time on the website and thanks to the creators, its brilliant!

Okay I've done my research looking at wikis and this my upcoming setup:

Pre-ordered Europe DSi,

Already got Acekard 2i

Got 2GB micro sd

The few things I want to to know are:

1) For best reliability, should I go for the AK AIO or stick with official firmware?

2) How is the wifi with a rom on the DSi? In particular I want to play pokemon online when I get my DSi, is it safe? Or should I stay offline? (I am aware that so far the latest firmware update is still good, and to be honest if Nintendo wanted to block it I think they would have done so by now).

3) Is there anyone with a European DSi who can confirm that the AceKard will work? I've heard lots of different stories.

Lastly I know its abit of a gamble using the 2i in a DSi because of the Nintendo firwmware upgrades, but I'll have to take that risk because I don't have anything else to try.

Thanks to everyone is advance, and I apologise if these questions have been answered before, please bare with I know I'm abit noobish.

2. DemonDSi

Newcomer DemonDSi Member

United Kingdom
    i think it will all will be revialed about it working in a EU DSi in a day or so as iv herd rumors that people are geting them early! who got them online my friends DSi from play is now shiped. so his will be here any day. i be going for a midnight launch. my local store i went to had a DSi and the staff were looking at it.

3. Briankealing

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    1. They're about the same - AKAIO has better compatability but sometimes can't get data fast enough from the MicroSD. The official firmware is not as good but is very stable.

2. Just don't update your firmware, wifi play works on my DSLite.

3. Dunno.

4. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    AKAIO is alot more optimized than the official firmware and as of the latest loaders (http://akaio.gbatemp.net/loaders) is very stable and fast.

5. Briankealing

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yes, both loaders are work very well.

6. DemonDSi

Newcomer DemonDSi Member

United Kingdom
    forgot to say im using AKAIO in my 2i and i think it works great! no lag well no troble what so ever

7. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    -another world

8. WarriorMJ
    OP

Newcomer WarriorMJ Member

United Kingdom
    Okay so it seems AK AIO is the way to go, thanks for that.

But do any of you guys who have a AceKard 2i play DSi on Wifi? In particular Pokemon games? Please let me know about this.

And as far as the Euro DSi goes I guess I'll have to wait along with everyone else to see how it goes, fingers crossed eh?

Also great community you've got here! Thanks for all the replies so far!

9. DemonDSi

Newcomer DemonDSi Member

United Kingdom
    iv found no problem at the moment, in transfering pokemon to 2nd flash (R4) iv got 2 Dslites. and transering online. no lag of yet