Hacking a few noobie ps3 questions

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to move the games from your internal to your external without opening your ps3?
Does it matter if you play different region games on your console?
Is there anyway to stop a backup progress when it starts?
Is it alright or even possible to use remote play right now on 3.41?
What doies it mean if i get a "FWRITE FAIL!"?

UnitGGChamp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xtreme1 said:
Is it possible to move the games from your internal to your external without opening your ps3?
Does it matter if you play different region games on your console?
Is there anyway to stop a backup progress when it starts?
Is it alright or even possible to use remote play right now on 3.41?

I'll answer question 2

All PS3 consoles are region free so you can play any region disk

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
xtreme1 said:
That you're trying to backup a game with a file at least four gigs onto an external drive, which isn't supported right now.

You'll need to use an internal for those games. Check the FAQ, it's got a compatibility list and such.

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well thats odd because i have both soul calibur and valkyrie profile backed up now on my external, both of which are compatible with an external and yet they both had it say fail while backing them up with stealth backuploader. they both completed, but after i ripped em i switched disks to something else and pressed x and they restart the ps3 in debug mode and the naturaldisk is displayed instead of what im trying to boot from my external... anyone know why?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I've only heard of the stealth version being used to play the games, not rip them (since it fakes some of the info as a different game this may impede the ripping), but I don't recommend the stealth manager yet as it's been shown the backup manager's ID is still contained in the game and Sony might be able to get at it.

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ha i will wait then, still i backed up valkyrie profile to my external, it appears in gamez folder on the ex, i load the ex version from my external, when it boots up i switch disks to test, replacing it with the orange box and it still just reads the disks, this was all with the official backup loader this time\

my only guess is that the ti .02 jailbreak app im using still doesnt support backup launching

xtreme1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also i got the ti download from ps3 hax site and now it works, though still does not load valkyrie profile without looping the initial load screan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: