A few new user questions about homebrew

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by karupanda4, Sep 13, 2011.

1. karupanda4
    OP

karupanda4 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2011
    After getting dsl and super card 2 I've had so much fun, especially when on long trips (watching movies on moonshell or playing). Lately I've found out that you can also read comics on ds (using ComicBookDS), but I havent been able to do it yet [​IMG] Because yes... sadly I'm a noob.

What I've tried so far is (follwoed instructions in the ComicBookDS readme file) and tried different methods... but sadly, havent come up with a way to start ComicBookDS.

Would osmeone please tell me how exactly am I supposed to start the ComicBookDS? I copied files as requested in readme.txt and tried launching the ComicBookDS though "DS_GAME" from supercard 2 menu. I'm probably doing something wrong here, what am I doing wrong? [​IMG]

I would also like to know can I somehow add shortcuts (like Moonshell, ireader and ds_game have) to the main dstwo supercard menu? Where there is this scrolling wheel thingy.. where I can launch programs easily.

Thanks!

2. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    your questions are specificially aimed at the SCDS2, you may want to ask a mod to move your post to that sub forum.

adding stuff to the main menu happens by adding plug-ins.

read this: http://gbatemp.net/t229551-scds2-plugins

with comic book ds you must first convert your comic using pictods, have you done this?

CBDS homepage: http://cbds.free.fr/?language=en

comic book ds passed during review testing, so i assume it still works now. make sure you convert a supported format correctly using the tools and then you can have the comic anywhere on your msd card. for testing try dropping it in root.

-another world

3. karupanda4
    OP

karupanda4 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2011
    Hey Another World, thank you for reply. I have converted the comics to right format.

The problem is launching the comicreader plugin itself. When I lanch it... all I get is a blank screen (moonshell 2 works though).

But I would like to be able to read comics on ds as well.

Does anyone know how exactly is one supposed to install the comicreader on dstwo? Ty!