Insane_Cat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First question:
I heard that Earthbound has some very strong anti-piracy measures that lock your game at the final boss battle, among other things. Does Earthbound require patching in order to work or can the emulator get through the anti-piracy stuff?

Next question:
I've tried to play super metroid and super mario world with the emulator but the lag is absolutely terrible, making the games almost unplayable. Is there any way to fix this or is this emulator just not going to play these games very well?

demigod198

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Strange both Super Metroid and Super Mario World work fine for me... and my friend plays Earthbound but hasn't reached the final boss, so can't really help with that.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
The SNES emulator on the DS is functional, but its more of a pain in the ass for what its worth. The Earthbound DRM was only a problem years and years ago in the very early days of SNES disc copiers and PC emulators, and was patched.

D

Deleted User

Super Turrican works really well. Just in case someone wants to know.

Insane_Cat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, changing the CPU frequency really helped. Super Metroid and Mario work great now!

Will be starting Earthbound as soon as I finish Mario and Metroid.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Insane_Cat said:
Thanks, changing the CPU frequency really helped. Super Metroid and Mario work great now!

Will be starting Earthbound as soon as I finish Mario and Metroid.

Update to the latest unofficial version (BAGSFC r3) and use cpu frequency 5. Not only will it be faster, but there will be less sound crackling due to some sound fixes. You can also turn off sound emulation completely on that version for an extra speedup. Of course, the turbo mode is also available if you want to skip cutscenes or whatever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good morning