OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi guys.

I'm having a bored day so, do any of you guys know any good space rts games, like homeworld 2, O.R.B in that fashion.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Like Homeworld eh?

I loved Imperium Galactica 2 when I got it years ago. Too bad the sequel, Nexus: The Jupiter Incident, didn't keep its rts element. I've also tried a few others like Haegamonia, Sins of a Solar Empire, Sword of the Stars, Orion 5 and others that I've forgotten the name of.

zeno16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've heard some great thigns about Imperium Galactica, been trying to get my hands on but, yeeah the store had sins of a solar empire trinity so i got that, installing it now.

thiefraccoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm anxiously waiting on starcraft 2...
biggrin.gif

SkyintheSea

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
StarCraft 2 not like homeworld or where you control ships, but it's location is in different planets. Space like creatures, suited up marines, etc... it will be awesome when it's released.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hmm:
Nexus: the Jupiter Incident (more real time tactics, but, that is fun too)
Sins of a Solar Empire
Sword of the stars (turn based strategy, real time tactics)

nothing has really lived up to homeworld 2 though.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Imperium Galactica 2... I got it from BlockBuster many years ago for £5. Best £5 spent ever! Too bad the original company's gone now, and so too is the licence I believe (having it switched from company to company until Nexus: Jupter Incident got finished), making it abandonware. Search the usual places for downloads.

zeno16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yea, well seems a friend of mine didn't want his copy anymore including the expansion discs i think, Kra'hen, Shinari and the Solarian discs? Only played them once a few years back. So he gave 'em to me. Installing, hope it's the game it think it is.
biggrin.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
zeno16 said:
Yea, well seems a friend of mine didn't want his copy anymore including the expansion discs i think, Kra'hen, Shinari and the Solarian discs? Only played them once a few years back. So he gave 'em to me. Installing, hope it's the game it think it is.
biggrin.gif

Those are the 3 campaign discs. Each one holds a single player campaign for each of those 3 races. The fourth disc is for general play, including skirmish mode. I THINK you can use any of the discs for LAN play, but I'm not sure about that since I prefer just cracking it so I don't need to use the disks in the first place (it's legal if you own the game ;p)

zeno16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hehe Yeah i tried it out, and i don't got a effing clue what to do, heck i don't even know how to start research, help says the start button *don't see any* and i can't find a tutorial either.

EDIT: Oh my god, didn't see it in the main menu xD

zeno16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's still a very complex game, takes a while before you get to fights xD

Hopefully it will keep me occupied till i find another space game, like homeworld(as if)

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Hmm... it really was a complicated game after all... so much micromanagement! Although you can just let half of it go automatically... but when you get into the mid-game, that's when the fun begins! With the huge fleets, border skirmishes, espionage, and more advanced research... it's a really big game, but perfect for keeping you pre-occupied for hours on end.

Sword of the stars is designed to be a lot shorter, since they hope people can get through their games in an afternoon or so. It's turn based too, unlike IG2 which is real time (unless you tamper with the time controls).

zeno16

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I noticed the pause feature is your best friend when you're a beginner, with the help section and not being stressed, though i don't like that to select which building to build you use the right mouse button, took me a while to figure that one out but i'm loving it so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging