Hacking A-Data or Kingston?

Drenemag

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everybody, I'm trying to decide what card to choose...

1. A-Data, 4gb MicroSDHC, CLASS 6, $19.99

2. Kingston, 4gb MicroSDHC, Class 4, $21.

A-Data obviously seems better, but since Kingston seems to be more popular and reliable.
I'm not really sure what to choose. They both seem good to me...

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance, Drenemag

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
A-Data is usually the popular choice(recommended by a lot of members here) when it comes to 4GB Micro SDHC, especially when you compare the class speeds...

Drenemag

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? I usually hear all the praise go to Kingston on this site...
Or maybe I'm just a total noob.
Thanks, I'm going to make my order now! Thanks for the help!
smile.gif

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kingstons are good when class isn't an issue. The A-DATA card will not let you down in terms of speed.

RebelX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go with Kensington. I have read many bad reviews about A-Data on numerous websites. They have said that their products suck, are slow, don't work, etc. Plus, Kensington is an American based company, as A-Data is based in Taiwan. You do the math.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you mean Kingston, make sure that the card is Made in Japan. Some variants of Kingston cards are made in Taiwan and are of inferior quality. At any rate, I have an A-DATA myself, yet the charts don't lie:

RebelX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AXYPB said:
If you mean Kingston, make sure that the card is Made in Japan. Some variants of Kingston cards are made in Taiwan and are of inferior quality. At any rate, I have an A-DATA myself, yet the charts don't lie:

(refer to the image in above post)
Wow, that's an A-Data? How much did it cost?

I ran a test on my Transcend with the same software and it is similar but the sequential read speed is about 4 MB/s lower. Well I did get it off newegg for under 10 bucks (with shipping included, mind you
biggrin.gif
)

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forget exactly, but Newegg has it on sale right now for $13.99. I think I paid slightly more, but it's still a bargain.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AXYPB said:

can you post a DL of that program?

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had 2 of those A-Data go bad on me within 1 week period, and if I hadn't bought them through newegg, I'd probably be ranting since it would have probably been impossible to return them for a replacement. I've had a Kingston 2GB microSD go bad, and all I had to do was set up an RMA through their website since they have a lifetime warranty. Speed is one thing, but where is that speed when your card craps out and you need a replacement?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...