Hacking A channel-less, sd-less entry point: str2hax

Jitoku

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rip, I was actually working something ilke this xD
It was similar to yours, I also used the dns changing stuff to enter a old Google Browser from Wii Shopping Channel, and I managed to get in and directly opened your Flashhax but It did not work as I though because there is nothing with that Google about flash, I was thinking about another Browser based hack, but I could not find any vulnerability(not even sure that exploit will work) about that old Google stuff so good to hear someone finished it atleast with another way similar to mine.

Ashfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
this happens

Attachments

• IMG_20181114_191636.jpg
    IMG_20181114_191636.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 609

Fullmetal5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! I was predicting the exploit would be done with the connection test or loading the EULA. I was wondering how people could mod their Wii if they couldn't get the Internet Channel anymore.

I run RiiConnect24 and we have a custom EULA. The thing is that if you use an unsupported country (found for Europe countries like Poland), it goes to an index.html before anything else. I tried making it before but got 221001 as an error code that apparently means "The file to check whether the EULA exists is invalid". Have you figured out how to make this file? For US, you can see it request an index.html if you set your country to Singapore.

Something interesting is that the EULA title html tag has to be "End User License Agreement" or else you get an error. Someone spent some extra time polishing this up.

Hopefully we can see an exploit on the Wii Mini at some point, it'd be interesting to see someone hack it with the USB port or loading the Japanese-exclusive Dragon Quest X.
All the problems with different regions should now be cleared up now that there are proper htaccess rules for stuff rather than just duplicating the folder over and over. (Even unknown ones)

The Dragon Quest X stuff seems kinda interesting. Apparently it uses the Wii Us filesystem for the external storage. Sounds fun to poke at but I don't have a Mini so...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this happens
Try visiting hbc.hackmii.com on a computer on the same network and make sure it works. If it does then just try the exploit again. Sometimes the DNS resolver just does that. Not sure why.

Jitoku

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All the problems with different regions should now be cleared up now that there are proper htaccess rules for stuff rather than just duplicating the folder over and over. (Even unknown ones)

The Dragon Quest X stuff seems kinda interesting. Apparently it uses the Wii Us filesystem for the external storage. Sounds fun to poke at but I don't have a Mini so...

Try visiting hbc.hackmii.com on a computer on the same network and make sure it works. If it does then just try the exploit again. Sometimes the DNS resolver just does that. Not sure why.

My wii gives an insta crash, know why? [On 4.3E]

Also I tried to go into hbc.hackmii.com in pc, maybe problem is in the website?

Fullmetal5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also I tried to go into hbc.hackmii.com in pc, maybe problem is in the website?
What exactly happens when you load the EULA page? Does the Wii freeze? On what screen does it freeze? etc... More info needed.

Jitoku

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What exactly happens when you load the EULA page? Does the Wii freeze? On what screen does it freeze? etc... More info needed.

It worked in 4th try, hope I could help you but you said this newly so if I get crash again I’ll take photo. And it crashes when i click accept

Fullmetal5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked in 4th try, hope I could help you but you said this newly so if I get crash again I’ll take photo. And it crashes when i click accept
You aren't suppose to click accept. Just sit on the screen with the pony till it works/freezes on its own.

Jitoku

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You aren't suppose to click accept. Just sit on the screen with the pony till it works/freezes on its own.

It shows me something to accept then pony? Maybe because I just changed my country to supported?

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Fullmetal5, do you know about the regions I mentioned that give the 221001 error when it loads an index.html?

When I looked in the DOL before it loaded something with a title like "Nintendo: End User License Agreement - country code: %03d%s" or something. If this isn't figured out, people with a country not supported by Nintendo won't have the EULA load up and say the services are "not currently being offered". Not a big deal though, I just needed to figure it out for RiiConnect24.

Fullmetal5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya!

So I followed the tutorial and after finishing step 6 I got error code 52030 (to save you a Google search, Nintendo says the error is "It's possible that the wireless security pass code for your home network may have been changed or is entered incorrectly on the Wii console. Click here for more information about WEP and WPA security, including how to access the settings for your Access Point.")

I know with absolute certainty that both my internet SSID and password are correct and that I entered your DNS settings correctly. Any help from here?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: It worked after trying the exploit a 6th time.
Good to hear that it worked, unfortunately I don't thing there's anything I can do about the 5xxxx error range if you do encounter it again. They seem to be Wifi related issues and I suspect the Wifi card on your Wii was just giving it some trouble.

blueblur2006

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so it's been on the Network Loader screen for about 10 minutes and hasn't done anything. Can I turn off my Wii and restart?

Sorry about my crappy phone camera quality.

Attachments

• 1115181544_HDR.jpg
    1115181544_HDR.jpg
    889.2 KB · Views: 507

Fullmetal5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so it's been on the Network Loader screen for about 10 minutes and hasn't done anything. Can I turn off my Wii and restart?

Sorry about my crappy phone camera quality.
I would try keeping it there a little longer. (maybe 5 more minutes)
Do you have a very slow internet connection by chance?

Fullmetal5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends, how fast is 70 Mbps?
That's plenty fast enough. Something is wrong your Wiis internet connection. It may be something like your router being far away and it keeps losing connection or the Wifi card in your Wii may be dying. :(
If you have a broken sd card reader then I would make sure the connection between your Wii and your router is solid (not to far away, etc...) or if that doesn't work I would look into getting one of the USB<->Ethernet adapters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up