Hacking a and b buttons broken!

patman69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually get impatient when playing pokemon and rappidly press these two buttons and now neither button springs back and when i shake my ds even the slightest bit it says that im hitting the a button. help please!

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, don't play Pokemon
wink.gif

On a serious note though, if you're experienced, you could take it apart and look for the problem and replace the springs, get someone else to, buy a new one or get Nintendo to fix it (although that can be expensive if you're out of warranty)

monzamess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There aren't springs under A & B. There are rubber cups that bounce back. The buttons themselves have little tabs on them that keep them from rotating, so "A" and "B" are always upright. It could be that you pressed so hard that the buttons turned a little so that the tabs got stuck. Look for a disassembly guide, they're all over the net, and get a tri-wing screwdriver.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
monzamess said:
There aren't springs under A & B. There are rubber cups that bounce back. The buttons themselves have little tabs on them that keep them from rotating, so "A" and "B" are always upright. It could be that you pressed so hard that the buttons turned a little so that the tabs got stuck. Look for a disassembly guide, they're all over the net, and get a tri-wing screwdriver.
Yeah, sorry, there's been so much talk about the shoulder buttons. But yeah, it sounds like taking it apart is your best bet. If you aren't comfortable with it, see if a friend has the expertise or just go for it
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4