Hacking 99.99.99 E?

Lockii2401

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I recently hacked my wii u using haxchi on 5.5.2 E, after a day the firmware went all the way up to 99.99.99 E, is this a new feature to stop your wii u from updating? My wii u has attempted to update firmware twice but failed (luckily) but it can easily update software.

I am hoping that my guess is correct because if it is that would be pretty awesome.

D

Deleted User

So I recently hacked my wii u using haxchi on 5.5.2 E, after a day the firmware went all the way up to 99.99.99 E, is this a new feature to stop your wii u from updating? My wii u has attempted to update firmware twice but failed (luckily) but it can easily update software.

I am hoping that my guess is correct because if it is that would be pretty awesome.
no it's not new. Coldboothax changes the version number, I don't remember why, could be just to tell you that you are running coldboothax cfw.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Afaik, when it was implemented, the devs had no idea if it worked or not at the time because they couldn't test it. They were in 5.5.1 which happened to be the latest FW at the time. After 5.5.2 was released we were able to see that it was just a cosmetic string change, no more.

tjok3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I tried yesterday Mariokart witch haxchi online. And it worked. But was also checking the 99999 version number.
If I spoof it to 5.5.2 version, will it overrule the 999999 version? (and is it necessary?)
Because I want to play online and 999999 will problably be noticed as a weird number on nintendo servers.

Deleted member 408660

Sqikz Sqikz
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I tried yesterday Mariokart witch haxchi online. And it worked. But was also checking the 99999 version number.
If I spoof it to 5.5.2 version, will it overrule the 999999 version? (and is it necessary?)
Because I want to play online and 999999 will problably be noticed as a weird number on nintendo servers.

You won't get banned for having "99.99.99" as your version number

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nobody has been banned for using the 99.99.99 version number online, but this is one reason I don't use CBHC.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have cbhc but this also happens to me when i run haxchi (non cbhc) and mocha, but i don't think my wii u will blow up because of this
it shouldn't happen with mocha, but mocha is spoofed iirc. mocha is one way to tell which firmware you're actually on when using cbhc, because it will say the right number. just remember to enable syshax=1 in the mocha config or you'll get I think a black screen when exiting system settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night