Homebrew RELEASE 90DNS: DNS server for blocking all Nintendo Servers

Tabascomilk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello I connected to 90dns and when I got rid of the dns it sill gives me the 2155-8007 error code, am I doing something wrong? am I supposed to disconnect from 90dns another way?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me too. Been having perform for months

Are you intentionally trying to remove the ban protection from your Switch? Just making sure you know what to expect if you have “backup” games installed via NSP or XCI on your switch.

Is your DNS now set to Auto or do you still have custom IP addresses for DNS servers?

MyconMama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just a quick note here that I have been using 90DNS and no other traffic blocking plugin (like incognito) since its release, with a clean SysNAND/Pirate CFW EmuNAND dualboot setup thru Hekate. I have had no issues on my OFW SysNAND which I use for multiplayer Pokemon and other games via NSO, and have remained unbanned despite going online often with my EmuNAND for ftp access and unofficial multiplayer.

Going forward, now that I've updated to the latest Atmosphere, I will be adding Exosphere on my EmuNAND as an extra layer of protection (no reason not to).

But let this stand as testament that AveSatanas was legit, despite the weird hate from the SX fanboys.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick note here that I have been using 90DNS and no other traffic blocking plugin (like incognito) since its release, with a clean SysNAND/Pirate CFW EmuNAND dualboot setup thru Hekate. I have had no issues on my OFW SysNAND which I use for multiplayer Pokemon and other games via NSO, and have remained unbanned despite going online often with my EmuNAND for ftp access and unofficial multiplayer.

Going forward, now that I've updated to the latest Atmosphere, I will be adding Exosphere on my EmuNAND as an extra layer of protection (no reason not to).

But let this stand as testament that AveSatanas was legit, despite the weird hate from the SX fanboys.
Agreed. I’ve not seen any issues with 90DNS. If someone is already using it I don’t try to persuade them otherwise. Know what’s out there and use whatever’s best for you. Hell, double bag it and use both! Just be safe!

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

Crowla33R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, exactly, use an atmosphere hosts file.

For emummc, put emummc.txt in /atmosphere/hosts with the following text. Should be okay, but double check before trusting it.

Code:
# 90DNS
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.com
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.net
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.jp
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.co.jp
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.co.uk
127.0.0.1 *nintendo-europe.com
127.0.0.1 *nintendowifi.net
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.es
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.co.kr
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.tw
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.com.hk
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.com.au
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.co.nz
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.at
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.be
127.0.0.1 *nintendods.cz
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.dk
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.de
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.fi
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.fr
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.gr
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.hu
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.it
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.nl
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.no
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.pt
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.ru
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.co.za
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.se
127.0.0.1 *nintendo.ch
127.0.0.1 *nintendoswitch.com
127.0.0.1 *nintendoswitch.com.cn
127.0.0.1 *nintendoswitch.cn
95.216.149.205 *conntest.nintendowifi.net
95.216.149.205 *ctest.cdn.nintendo.net

Hello, I'm new to this and looking at my /atmosphere/hosts there are no emummc.txt or sysmmc.txt. There are only default.txt and it only has one line saying

"# Nintendo telemetry servers 127.0.0.1 receive-%.dg.srv.nintendo.net receive-%.er.srv.nintendo.net"

Does this mean my switch will get blacklisted for ban the moment I connect to internet?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm new to this and looking at my /atmosphere/hosts there are no emummc.txt or sysmmc.txt. There are only default.txt and it only has one line saying

"# Nintendo telemetry servers 127.0.0.1 receive-%.dg.srv.nintendo.net receive-%.er.srv.nintendo.net"

Does this mean my switch will get blacklisted for ban the moment I connect to internet?
This is not 90DNS related so I answered your question over here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.488277/post-10054207

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

tajin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering what AveSantas (the creator of this forum) meant by this question she/he answered in the forum.

Q: Am I supposed to keep it on all the time?
A: Yes, you do keep it on all the time. Turning it off will send telemetry data to N, and you'll probably be banned.

Q: How long will you keep the server on? Always?
A: I do plan to keep the official DNS servers up for at least one more year, but if people are still using it then, I'll keep it up for more.

Because, if the 90DNS server goes down would that not mean I have to change the DNS? Wouldn't that automatically send a message to Nintendo?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering what AveSantas (the creator of this forum) meant by this question she/he answered in the forum.

A: Yes, you do keep it on all the time. Turning it off will send telemetry data to N, and you'll probably be banned.

A: I do plan to keep the official DNS servers up for at least one more year, but if people are still using it then, I'll keep it up for more.

Because, if the 90DNS goes down would that not mean I have to change the DNS? Wouldn't that automatically send a message to Nintendo?

tuning 90DNS off…
AND USING ANOTHER DNS SERVER that is unprotected would allow telemetry data to be sent to Ninty.

there are two 90DNS servers to use. If one is down you would query the other. If it too was down you would not get a response…not unless you had a third unprotected DNS server listed. that would be a silly thing to do though.

If the DNS servers go down they will not respond to your queries. No IP? No connectivity. No sending telemetry to Ninty.

Last edited by binkinator,
  • Love
Reactions: impeeza

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Because, if the 90DNS server goes down would that not mean I have to change the DNS? Wouldn't that automatically send a message to Nintendo?
What @binkinator said. If the servers go down you lose DNS functionality which means you lose Internet, which obviously isn't catastrophic but is still annoying. The only way you would face issues with Nintendo telemetry would be if the server was compromised (or if you made a mistake and didn't apply the DNS settings).

Though 90DNS isn't the best thing to use these days since Atmosphere has Built-in hosts file support on the latest firmware which is way more secure and less prone to errors.

Reactions: binkinator

tajin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tuning 90DNS off…
AND USING ANOTHER DNS SERVER that is unprotected would allow telemetry data to be sent to Ninty.

there are two 90DNS servers to use. If one is down you would query the other. If it too was down you would not get a response…not unless you had a third unprotected DNS server listed. that would be a silly thing to do though.

If the DNS servers go down they will not respond to your queries. No IP? No connectivity. No sending telemetry to Ninty.

oooh thanks I get it now. So I am okay if the server that AveSantas created goes down right? Also am I not supposed to say Ninte***? Am I okay, in terms of breaking some sort of rule?
Post automatically merged:

What @binkinator said. If the servers go down you lose DNS functionality which means you lose Internet, which obviously isn't catastrophic but is still annoying. The only way you would face issues with Nintendo telemetry would be if the server was compromised (or if you made a mistake and didn't apply the DNS settings).

Though 90DNS isn't the best thing to use these days since Atmosphere has Built-in hosts file support on the latest firmware which is way more secure and less prone to errors.
Oh where do I find this for Atmosphere?

Last edited by tajin,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oooh thanks I get it now. So I am okay if the server that AveSantas created goes down right?
it would be inconvenient if it ever did, but it would not magically connect you to Ninty servers.
Also am I not supposed to say Ninte***? Am I okay, in terms of breaking some sort of rule?
lol…you can certainly say Nintendo. I like to be efficient and saying Ninty saves me 5 letters?
Oh where do I find this for Atmosphere?

there’s no issues running multiple types of blocking. Defense in layers.
https://rentry.org/ExosphereDNSMITM

Reactions: tajin

tajin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks again for the tips. Now I'm confused about software. I have installed hekate onto my rcm loader and held the volume down button before injecting the payload, and it just loads atmosphere instead of hekate?? Do you know why this is?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EduAAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Using incognito and removing the serial number of my Switch isn't enough to avoid a ban? I'd like to be able to use things like persona 4 golden online tips, etc

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using incognito and removing the serial number of my Switch isn't enough to avoid a ban? I'd like to be able to use things like persona 4 golden online tips, etc
The point is to have additional layers in case one fails (whether you accidentally change something, Ninty changes why they are looking for, you lend your Switch to a friend and his dog changes your settings) we’ve seen all sorts of miracles happen.

WiseDan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
hello everyone
wisedan here with the first post
i want to use 90dns and i wonder if after complete the internet settings for 90dns, is mandatory to restart?
because is painful operation with the jig and i am lazy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu