Homebrew RELEASE 90DNS: DNS server for blocking all Nintendo Servers

Darkcroxz

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
well thanks, 90dns didnt work for me, tried to go to the eshop to test it and surprise, the eshop is online, so now I am fucked and about to get banned thanks to the auto update of the games

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was unable to connect to the homebrew app store and the AIO updater app also complained about not having an internet connection. After spending an hour or so investigating my network (I thought that it may have been some sort of issue with my Pi-Hole or Unbound configuration since I recently swapped out my Pi-Hole and Unbound server from a netbook to a thin client), I opted to boot into my 'clean' emuMMC and attempt to access the homebrew app store without 90DNS. It worked. After applying 90DNS settings, the app exhibited symptoms of DNS resolving issues. I checked my secondary Nintendo Switch to see if the issue was client specific. The secondary Switch was able to access the homebrew app store with 90DNS. I then compared the 90DNS configuration settings between my two consoles and noticed that the primary and secondary DNS addresses were swapped. I matched the 90DNS configuration to that of the console that did not have DNS resolving issues.

To make a long story short, I was apparently having DNS resolving issues with the following configuration for the Americas:

Primary DNS: 207.246.121.77
Secondary DNS: 163.172.141.219

This was solved by setting my DNS configuration to the following for everywhere else:

Primary DNS: 163.172.141.219
Secondary DNS: 207.246.121.77

I'm assuming this means there is an issue with the DNS server at 207.246.121.77. I suppose my homework assignment for tomorrow is to do more reading on primary and secondary DNS servers to have a better understanding why merely swapping them fixed this issue.

Hopefully this will spare someone else a bit of headache if they also experience this same issue.

ponytrice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have set my primary to the 163 line and secondary to the 207. Tester shows Nintendo servers are blocked when when running the Test Connection that fails. Trying to get it so I can install Tinfoil. But I get the error code 2155-8007. Do you know why my connection test fails? I notice that on the secondary DNS where I enter the .77 at the end, my Switch automatically makes it .077? Is that normal? Total noob here 😐

Thanks for any help in advance.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have set my primary to the 163 line and secondary to the 207. Tester shows Nintendo servers are blocked when when running the Test Connection that fails. Trying to get it so I can install Tinfoil. But I get the error code 2155-8007. Do you know why my connection test fails? I notice that on the secondary DNS where I enter the .77 at the end, my Switch automatically makes it .077? Is that normal? Total noob here 😐

Thanks for any help in advance.
See if updating your Sigpatches helps:

Sigpatches (GBATemp) — download your Sigpatches here and unzip them at the top level of your SDCard.

alucardx2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I was unable to connect to the homebrew app store and the AIO updater app also complained about not having an internet connection. After spending an hour or so investigating my network (I thought that it may have been some sort of issue with my Pi-Hole or Unbound configuration since I recently swapped out my Pi-Hole and Unbound server from a netbook to a thin client), I opted to boot into my 'clean' emuMMC and attempt to access the homebrew app store without 90DNS. It worked. After applying 90DNS settings, the app exhibited symptoms of DNS resolving issues. I checked my secondary Nintendo Switch to see if the issue was client specific. The secondary Switch was able to access the homebrew app store with 90DNS. I then compared the 90DNS configuration settings between my two consoles and noticed that the primary and secondary DNS addresses were swapped. I matched the 90DNS configuration to that of the console that did not have DNS resolving issues.

To make a long story short, I was apparently having DNS resolving issues with the following configuration for the Americas:

Primary DNS: 207.246.121.77
Secondary DNS: 163.172.141.219

This was solved by setting my DNS configuration to the following for everywhere else:

Primary DNS: 163.172.141.219
Secondary DNS: 207.246.121.77

I'm assuming this means there is an issue with the DNS server at 207.246.121.77. I suppose my homework assignment for tomorrow is to do more reading on primary and secondary DNS servers to have a better understanding why merely swapping them fixed this issue.

Hopefully this will spare someone else a bit of headache if they also experience this same issue.

Dude thanks so much! I tried everything, updating fw, atmosphere, then doing the latest incognito setup, then asking AIO developers if sth was wrong. I was about to remove 90dns, because as of 2023 I read it is a really outdated method and not recommended anymore, but your post helped me! I'll leave it like that just because it adds an additional protection layer, but in case in the future I get network errors again I'll just leave the dns on auto.

krzys4x

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
IS THIS WORKING If you live anywhere else: Set primary DNS to "163.172.141.219", and secondary DNS to "207.246.121.77". i WILL BUY SOON SWITCH oled HWFLY TINFOIL I DONT WANNA BAN I LIVE IN EUROPE sorry i noob switch

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IS THIS WORKING If you live anywhere else: Set primary DNS to "163.172.141.219", and secondary DNS to "207.246.121.77". i WILL BUY SOON SWITCH oled HWFLY TINFOIL I DONT WANNA BAN I LIVE IN EUROPE sorry i noob switch
If you're that concerned about a ban then just don't hack the console.

Reactions: krzys4x

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about "sysmmc.txt"

That only works if you boot into syscfw, right? Like if you just boot into standard sys without any homebrew or sysmodules or atmosphere running, the hosts file can't work, right?

madisonswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we set this up, can we update games thru the internet?

Or, do games still have to be manually updated via downloaded file?

madisonswitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should get yourself to know the basics of everything. Read:

https://rentry.org/SwitchHackingIsEasy
Cool guide, thanks!

Looks like it's missing info on whether it's safe to do updates via the internet?

https://rentry.org/HomebrewAndMisc
Post automatically merged:

You either manually update or download update via tinfoil shops.

Thanks, I didn't know tinfoil shops had update files! I just find them thru trrents

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In emulation overclocked FX chips makes a pretty big difference in frame rate