Hacking 9.9.0 Tubehax Exploit - Can I open up dev menu/install cia files on homebrew?

StaticPain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is pretty irrelevant to the thread, but I have a question. I've been ignoring spiderhacks for months, but is it possible to use them on 9.9(emuNAND)? That video the OP posted is making me think that it may be, but I dunno, it may be crazy given that he also wondered if something that can only launch .nds could open a .cia installer.
The guy who posted the video and the guy who made it are two different people.

Reactions: code640

iZallen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What I want to know:
Is there a way to open up a dev menu/install CIA files?
Edit:

I own a SuperCardDSTWO flashcart.
Is it possible for a .nds file to open up dev menu/install CIA files?

P.S=
I own a 9.9.0-26E 3ds (old one).

Yes, there is a program you can use to install CIAs (The FBI Launcher) but it doesnt work with tubehax/ironhax atm.

No for the .nds file; You'll roughly end up with an error similar to; "insufficient privileges."

And having a sysNand (System Firmware) above 9.2 pretty much means you're screwed if you're desiring to 'back-up' some onto your 3ds.

Reactions: code640

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I haven't research hard enough, since I just started a couple of hours ago.
How exactly am I supposed to know to search "Ninjhax"? Somebody new to the scene (like myself), would not know to use those specific words when google searching.

However, I will admit, I should have checked other sections & scrolled through more pages. My research was mainly from youtube and a couple of google flashcart websites.

Having said that, the rudeness is still unnecessary. If you're frustrated with people asking the same thing, either link to another thread OR don't reply at all.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Ninjhax

chrisluna413

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah no shit is what I'm thinking too. That's why I'm wondering why you bother to say anything about the poster. He has nothing to do with the legitimacy of the video. It's pretty clear what's going on in the video...
Since he has no idea what he's talking about I assumed that his car would be akin to a BS vid, like downloading a flashcart from a sketchy site or some shit.

StaticPain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since he has no idea what he's talking about I assumed that his car would be akin to a BS vid, like downloading a flashcart from a sketchy site or some shit.
True, I have also lost trust in most youtube hacking videos. That's why in my tutorial I gave the option of downloading an all in one zip or searching for the files yourself.

code640

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So you judge the credibility of a youtube video (2nd one) as bad, because I have said something which made me seem clueless?
Doesn't seem like a very good way to judge a youtube video's credibility. Especially since I made no claims about what the video can/cannot do nor did I state whether it was credible or not. All I wanted to know, was whether or not I could install CIA files/open up a dev menu so I could perform the steps in that video.

The 2nd video I posted has many likes & views + the comments & like/dislike bar aren't censored + the video goes through a step by step guide + download link in the description (dropbox- which works) with no BS surveys to do, in order to download the files.
Those are the factors I take into account.

Read my post again more carefully, because posting that link doesn't prove a point at all, as I stated 'how' am I supposed to know to search 'ninjhax' in the first place. It wasn't a question of whether or not I could search using google, if I knew that I'm supposed to be researching 'ninjhax' to address my question in the first place.

Last edited by code640,

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is pretty irrelevant to the thread, but I have a question. I've been ignoring spiderhacks for months, but is it possible to use them on 9.9(emuNAND)? That video the OP posted is making me think that it may be, but I dunno, it may be crazy given that he also wondered if something that can only launch .nds could open a .cia installer.
Spiderhacks can be used on emuNAND as long as you're using a downgraded browser, but perhaps not on 9.9. I'm not sure at what point, if any, they were blocked.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Just reading that thread title all like

NnoGhN1.gif

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
'how' am I supposed to know to search 'ninjhax' in the first place. It wasn't a question of whether or not I could search using google, if I knew that I'm supposed to be researching 'ninjhax' to address my question in the first place.
You could've done a little google searching, like how to install cia files on 3ds, how to play roms on 3ds, and you mightve come across ninjhax and then youd know to google it. If im missing something then ignore my posts. I know it's frustrating when people make stuff seem obvious when it's not

Tont Stark

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I need help with a problem I have.

I am using Tubehax on an O-3DS 9.9.0.26U. Folders and files are as they are supposed to be inside the SD card.
I "installed" FBI in the 3DS folder in the SD card, in fact, when I load the Homebrew, the FBI button is present. However, when I press it, the lower screen goes red and stays red, forcing me to reboot the console via the power button.

What should I do to run FBI on my homebrew? I need it in order to downgrade the internet browser (via a specific CIA for the 9.2 version) so that I can do the injection exploit on Pokémon Shuffle. What do I need to do, what step am I missing?

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I need help with a problem I have.

I am using Tubehax on an O-3DS 9.9.0.26U. Folders and files are as they are supposed to be inside the SD card.
I "installed" FBI in the 3DS folder in the SD card, in fact, when I load the Homebrew, the FBI button is present. However, when I press it, the lower screen goes red and stays red, forcing me to reboot the console via the power button.

What should I do to run FBI on my homebrew? I need it in order to downgrade the internet browser (via a specific CIA for the 9.2 version) so that I can do the injection exploit on Pokémon Shuffle. What do I need to do, what step am I missing?

You simply can't use it. Even if it's there, it doesn't have enough permissions to install CIAs so forget that idea.

WaffleWafer

GBATemp Novice Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Because I mean, if there is a way to do something like this... or something like that, smealum & co. would have already known and has informed the public. If you can't seem to find tutorials for it, it is likely that it is still in development, or just simply does not exist at the moment.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: