Hacking 8.1.0/2.8 CFW Boot and Activation problem

bostonBC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I had a Switch on 8.1.0 running SX OS 2.8 and everything was fine.

A friend wanted to buy my Switch so I saved the license files, wiped it and setup a new emuNand (stored as files on the 400GB microSD card).

Copied the saved license files to the microSD card and when I booted into CFW it hung.

So I deleted the license.dat and license-request.dat and let it create a new license-request.dat.

Tried both offline and online activation which were both successful. For offline activation I copied the license.dat to the microSD card but just like with online activation after it says activation successful and the license.dat file was created when I tried booting back into CFW it hangs.

My friend really wanted it but since I couldn't boot into CFW after it activated and created the license.dat file I figured something must be wrong with the old license or dongle.

Since he wants it like yesterday I decided to bite the bullet and use a new SX Pro kit that I had on the shelf and was going to use on my next Switch.

I went through an online and then offline activation but ended up in the exact same problem, it hangs when booting into CFW.

Any ideas on how to get CFW working again as I am at wits end and afraid I've burned thru 2 licenses and it still isn't working.

Thanks.

bostonBC

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that I did differently on the Emunand setup was have it as files this time instead of a hidden partition.

I re-did enumand as a hidden partition and it worked.

Does anyone else have problems with 2.8 and 8.1.0 with enunand as files instead of a hidden partition?

So there is a bug in 2.8 that causes activation to fail if the emunand is on files on the microSD card instead of a hidden partition.

lisko

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The bug you're facing, if any but possible, isn't in activation but in emunand. If sxos isn't active it boots in sysnand but when you reboot after activation it tries to boot emunand and for some reason it fails with a file based one. In every case is always recommended to have a partition based emunand than a file based one that can be far more easily corrupted or lost

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: b