60 Gb Falcon with Lite-On modding help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by zzxx, May 26, 2015.

1. zzxx
    OP

zzxx Newbie

Newcomer
    May 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Hello, I just purchased a used 360. It has 60 Gb HDD, an HDMI port on the back, MFD 2008-09-15 and yellow wires under the dvd-drive. Therefore I have concluded that it's a Falcon with Lite-On drive. The dash has been updated to 2.0.17349.0, which must be the newest there is. I would like to play backups directly from HDD, which might be the cheapest possible way? I mean, no purchasing of DVD-discs, an iHAS-burner (I use a laptop), and so on. I've read of xk3y, which supposedly has the ability to play games off HDD. So would I be ok with only X360USB Pro and the xk3y? I'm quite new on these and wouldn't want to buy unneeded stuff for nothing, I read the "how to mod" sticky, but I didn't catch any info on the latest dash that my 360 has.

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    You could send the drive to me, so that I can extract the DVD key (saves you on purchasing hardware you won't need in the future)
    Xkey is indeed the best option.
    It works on all dashes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice