Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Remember when Liquidzigong said he was quitting the scene? Look at him now. =)

Sweet new release. it's about time I can play a clean copy of DJ Max 3 lol. Maybe now I'll actually try it.

Also, thanks for the update info.

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm currently on 5.50 GEN-D3 and looking to possibly upgrade so I don't have to bother patching all the new games that come out before playing them. I have a PSP-1000. I have a few questions though.

1. What is the advantage and disadvantage between 5.50 GEN-D3 and 6.xx PRO-B5 CFW?
2. What are the differences between 6.20 PRO-B5 and 6.35 PRO-B5? Not sure which ones to pick?
3. Will I still be able to run emulators, specifically GBA emulators on 6.xx PRO-B5?
4. If I upgrade will my old collection of PSP games still work?
5. Last but not least, what steps do I take if I do decide to upgrade? Step by step if possible. I don't want to accidentally brick my PSP since I haven't done any FW updates in quite some time.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
1..xx PRO B5 has better new game compatibility. GEN D3 supposedly has better homebrew compatibility.
2.6.20 has an option for permanent installation. 6.35 a little better game compatibility (I think). Both are very good and almost the same thing.
3.Yes
4.Yes. You can easily launch OFW when your on PRO if there is a problem
5.It's very safe to use PRO. It's very easy to install as well.
Tutorial: http://gbatemp.net/t205696-how-to-softmod-your-psp-v3

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Snailface said:
1..xx PRO B5 has better new game compatibility. GEN D3 supposedly has better homebrew compatibility.
2.6.20 has an option for permanent installation. 6.35 a little better game compatibility (I think). Both are very good and almost the same thing.
3.Yes
Thanks, very informative answers. Sounds like almost a no brainer then. Last question for now, will my collection of old patched ISO's work or will I have to rerip the original games again?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone try tales of the World Radiant Mythology. Someone said they'd had problems with it on both TN-D and Pro firmwares.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Ssseth said:
Snailface said:
3.Yes
Thanks, very informative answers. Sounds like almost a no brainer then. Last question for now, will my collection of old patched ISO's work or will I have to rerip the original games again?
The games should work (your old saves won't though!). You can keep both* TN E and PRO LCFWs on 6.20 to practically guarantee compatibility.

*make sure to run them separately, though (power cycle and switch).

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
megawalk said:
uhm how do i upgrade to b5 ? i am on b4permanent 0_0 (it's the first time for me using pro)
run the perma patch for b-5 fixed version it'll say will you want to unistall the patch put yes you should be on the main menu then reboot the perma app and it'll say want to install

KevFan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
megawalk said:
uhm how do i upgrade to b5 ? i am on b4permanent 0_0 (it's the first time for me using pro)
First uninstall PRO B-4 permanent.
Then run PRO B-5 updater to flash new modules.
It will reboot to PRO B-5, and then run the PRO B-5 permanent patch and install

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Says he's working on a HEN/Firmware. All everyone else wants is a downgrader....

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xist said:
Says he's working on a HEN/Firmware. All everyone else wants is a downgrader....
Yes, but only for his personal use. Not for public release, unless it is 100% complete (I assume he means bug free, and all the features he wants).

He mentioned something about how he wasn't going to release it, because people would only complain about the lack of an ISO loader (its not that he is against ISO loaders AFAIK, he was "happy" about PRO CFW being an ISO loader [although I think not so happy about them using his exploit without permission])

As for a downgrader, that'd probably be the best option. There is no feature available now that wasn't available in 6.35, and I think the only thing added since 6.20 was Qriocity, which could probably be added to PRO CFW reasonably easily if there was demand. Therefore downgrading to 6.35 or 6.20 wouldn't really lose any features, but would save devs re-writing PRO CFW for a newer firmware.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick Question. I know 6.35 Pro B4 has PSX Compatability, but its still only for PSN releases right?

Scratch that :wtf:, my old Super Robot Taisen eboot is working. Didnt even realize it was possible now XD, god im falling behind on the homebrew scene

KevFan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
xist said:
Yes, but only for his personal use. Not for public release, unless it is 100% complete (I assume he means bug free, and all the features he wants).

He mentioned something about how he wasn't going to release it, because people would only complain about the lack of an ISO loader (its not that he is against ISO loaders AFAIK, he was "happy" about PRO CFW being an ISO loader [although I think not so happy about them using his exploit without permission])

As for a downgrader, that'd probably be the best option. There is no feature available now that wasn't available in 6.35, and I think the only thing added since 6.20 was Qriocity, which could probably be added to PRO CFW reasonably easily if there was demand. Therefore downgrading to 6.35 or 6.20 wouldn't really lose any features, but would save devs re-writing PRO CFW for a newer firmware.

Yes, a downgrader is probably the best option, but i guess he doesn't want to since then, eveyone would just downgrade to 6.20/6.35. And those firmware are often only related to PRO and not TN-HEN, and TN is often forgotten and credits are not given to him. Therefore i believe that he is working on a HEN so that people will recognise that it is work and such, but i guess it doesnt really matter if he doesn't release it to the public

QUOTE(Kurossaki652 @ Apr 24 2011, 07:59 AM)
I am on Pro-B4 and I want to update to Pro-B5
How do I uninstall Pro-B4
And How do i put B5 after I update...
You dont need to uninstall PRO-B4, simply run the PRO-B5 update and it would overwrite the previous installed B4 modules with the new B5 modules.
Also the delete the old B4 FastRecovey and put the new B5 Fast Recovery on your PSP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1