Gaming 6.30 incoming.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what thew PSP AR is disabled? I see a lot of angry gamers that use it............unlike CFW (I don't think) you can't run isos from AR I can see another Lawsuit comming basicly Sony is gonna get another Lawsuit comming their way don't forget sony basicly screwed us on ps3 and NOW the PSP and don't forget the US airforce also they are IDIOTS

joka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
Wut?

Seems that 6.30 is available via the Update via PC page on the official Sony site.

Yeah, now it is. Wasn't there last night when it hit Network Update.

Anyone that'd consider suing Sony over AR support is an idiot. The AR is an unofficial product - Sony has no obligation to ensure it works. Tough luck for Datel. They are well aware of the risks associated with distributing an unlicensed product.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just 4 hours ago jumped on the PSP itself to check and it updated, and I got the NeoGeo and PCEngine folders as well on mine, and it's not hacked as I don't jack PSP games.

...and who or what will sue Sony over locking down the Datel products? It's unlicensed hardware that didn't bother to get signed up with Sony so they had every right to block it. If anything, sue Datel for selling shit that isn't guaranteed to work out of the box with a PSP as they say it will, unless there's some teeny small print in their manuals saying (firmware update could make your purchase a paperweight.)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Vampire Hunter D said:
I just 4 hours ago jumped on the PSP itself to check and it updated, and I got the NeoGeo and PCEngine folders as well on mine, and it's not hacked as I don't jack PSP games.

...and who or what will sue Sony over locking down the Datel products? It's unlicensed hardware that didn't bother to get signed up with Sony so they had every right to block it. If anything, sue Datel for selling shit that isn't guaranteed to work out of the box with a PSP as they say it will, unless there's some teeny small print in their manuals saying (firmware update could make your purchase a paperweight.)

Well, they have updated their website to say it doesn't work with new update, and advising old users not to update, but I don't see why any current user would go on the page to buy a new one (which is where the warning is found) to see it...

Datel will need to come up with a solution soon, either by making some sort of workaround for accessing PSN on 6.20 (unlikely I'd say) or make it work on 6.30 (more likely, and a better solution), or they'll have some angry customers.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SifJar said:
or they'll have some angry customers.

Anyone buying the product has to be well aware it could be blocked in a future update. Sure you can be angry, with YOURSELF. Datel doesn't (and can't) ensure product compatibility to future firmware revisions.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
lilsypha said:
SifJar said:

Anyone buying the product has to be well aware it could be blocked in a future update. Sure you can be angry, with YOURSELF. Datel doesn't (and can't) ensure product compatibility to future firmware revisions.
If only they could convince sony to release a sony certified action replay..
unsure.gif

Anyone can dream, right?
yaypsp.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chrisrlink said:
what thew PSP AR is disabled? I see a lot of angry gamers that use it............unlike CFW (I don't think) you can't run isos from AR I can see another Lawsuit comming basicly Sony is gonna get another Lawsuit comming their way don't forget sony basicly screwed us on ps3 and NOW the PSP and don't forget the US airforce also they are IDIOTS
AR took a big hit with these new systems
it first experienced it back with the xbox 1

now no system maker wants AR to work on their system
I think it still works on the DS, but thats it

btw you cant sue sombody because third party hardware is blocked and no licensing on top of that
datel already attempted to seek legal action against MS for blocking their memory cards on a system update, im pretty sure it did not work out well

as far as the airforce
they still have linux, they just dont update the firmware, which I doubt they would be doing anyway since its not being used to play games or watch movies, ect...

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
as far as the airforce
they still have linux, they just dont update the firmware, which I doubt they would be doing anyway since its not being used to play games or watch movies, ect...
Problem being when a machine breaks. Send it in, and the one you get back has the latest firmware...

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lilsypha said:
SifJar said:

Not anyone. Those not knowledgeable in the homebrew side of things will probably be oblivious to the fact that this sort of thing could get blocked. Datel didn't make it clear that it could be blocked, and some end users will not have realised it was possible. Obviously the sort of people who visit sites like these will have known it could get blocked, but an average citizen probably wouldn't.

CrashmanX

Current project: Gundam AGE Universe Accel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
lilsypha said:
SifJar said:

Not anyone. Those not knowledgeable in the homebrew side of things will probably be oblivious to the fact that this sort of thing could get blocked. Datel didn't make it clear that it could be blocked, and some end users will not have realised it was possible. Obviously the sort of people who visit sites like these will have known it could get blocked, but an average citizen probably wouldn't.

You do realize that Datel does say this is not an officially licensed product and is not guaranteed in any way correct? Even my DS Action Replay says that there is no Guarantee that it will still work if I update the firmware or get a new DS.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
IMPORTANT!

PSP Action Replay works 100% with all firmware versions up to and including 6.20 However version 6.30 of PSP firmware is now available but currently Action Replay is not compatible with this version. In order to maintain full compatibility with Action Replay it is important that user does not upgrade to this new version until further notice.

Hurr hurr....

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My point I was making for the post was those who don't go to the datel website, or places like this who just buy it off the rack going 'cool I can hack my game for...' and end up hosed over it. At the least it's an inconvenience as it's not a game so retailers have to take it back (though they should across the board have to as assuming everyone is a thief and hosing people into shitty product is wrong and too convenient.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY