Gaming 6.20 Save Data Exploit!

Zeroneo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The problem is that one of the people who actually found the exploit and can actually do anything with it, wololo, got mad with this leak and said that he wasn't gonna make the eLoader anymore.

But he's good now and he says that the eLoader is quite some months away.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
OSW said:
As long as people don't update before a proper exploit is released, shouldn't they be fine? I don't see how an early release completely kills the exploit (assuming end-users get the news and aren't dumb).They need 6.20 to access the PSN store.
But you can download demo's off the Internet anyway and stick it on your PSP Go.
Assuming you can do that with a PSP Go
unsure.gif

The last exploit got fixed fast. This might too.
I'm sure Sony has a secret weapon
wink.gif
Like 6.30 firmware.
QUOTE(OSW @ Mar 29 2010, 01:53 PM) Then again, I don't know anything about the PSP scene. Wii FTW. But drama exists on all the scenes
wink.gif
PSP Scene - Less drama, more tumbleweed.

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the information. I am a new psp go owner, and would love to see this further developed into cfw.

Mikehoncho16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lenselijer said:
is it possible to put the patapon2 demo on your psp go with usb? or do you need to download it from the store?
Yah, u can download it from a link off of the exploit download, and transfer it to the game section of your memory stick

melvox

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
problem is...most 6.20 games (i.e. Kingdom Hearts, God Eater) haven't been released yet...and they'll have ample time to change the required fw for these games....

Though, I'm still very thankful that they are working on this.

mphil145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
problem is...most 6.20 games (i.e. Kingdom Hearts, God Eater) haven't been released yet...and they'll have ample time to change the required fw for these games....

I'm all for custom firmware but if custom firmware prevents me from enjoying Kingdom Hearts on release date I'll gladly buy the game and update to official firmware to play it.

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
OSW said:
As long as people don't update before a proper exploit is released, shouldn't they be fine? I don't see how an early release completely kills the exploit (assuming end-users get the news and aren't dumb).

Then again, I don't know anything about the PSP scene. Wii FTW. But drama exists on all the scenes
wink.gif
To be literal, it's not wasted. This exploit means every PSP 3K/Go between 5.03 and 6.20 can at a minimum be hacked to run user mode software. The timing of the release doesn't change that.

What it does mean however is that the window of opportunity got shorter. Now Sony is going to produce a fixed firmware and put it on new units ASAP, not to mention push this update out via games and PSN. If this exploit was kept under wraps until a later time (like when the eLoader was ready) then there would be even more PSPs and games coming with the faulty firmware, which would allow even more people to enjoy the option of hacking their PSP.

Basically nothing was gained by releasing this exploit ahead of the eLoader. I don't expect that this is going to do anything to speed up hack/software development, so all this really accomplishes for now is tipping off Sony and ending the production of vulnerable PSPs.

However this shouldn't sour things too much. We have our first working user mode hack for the PSP go - this is the first step towards running user mode programs, and possibly a CFWe if the hackers can find an admin mode hack in 6.20. So this is still quite the accomplishment.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
ViRGE said:
OSW said:
As long as people don't update before a proper exploit is released, shouldn't they be fine? I don't see how an early release completely kills the exploit (assuming end-users get the news and aren't dumb).

Then again, I don't know anything about the PSP scene. Wii FTW. But drama exists on all the scenes
wink.gif
To be literal, it's not wasted. This exploit means every PSP 3K/Go between 5.03 and 6.20 can at a minimum be hacked to run user mode software. The timing of the release doesn't change that.

What it does mean however is that the window of opportunity got shorter. Now Sony is going to produce a fixed firmware and put it on new units ASAP, not to mention push this update out via games and PSN. If this exploit was kept under wraps until a later time (like when the eLoader was ready) then there would be even more PSPs and games coming with the faulty firmware, which would allow even more people to enjoy the option of hacking their PSP.

Basically nothing was gained by releasing this exploit ahead of the eLoader. I don't expect that this is going to do anything to speed up hack/software development, so all this really accomplishes for now is tipping off Sony and ending the production of vulnerable PSPs.

However this shouldn't sour things too much. We have our first working user mode hack for the PSP go - this is the first step towards running user mode programs, and possibly a CFWe if the hackers can find an admin mode hack in 6.20. So this is still quite the accomplishment.

Ah, totally makes sense. I wasn't thinking that far ahead. Well I guess we just gotta make the most of it now
smile.gif

Shardnax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why would anyone buy a PSP Go? It will still allow people to play games that don't require higher firmware and enjoy homebrew on a larger range of firmwares; if/when they make a CFW enabler.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass