Hacking 6.20 and 6.60 differences (other than permanent on 3000).

Mackk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I have a psp 3000 with 6.20, was wondering if there are any there are any differences between 6.20 and 6.60 other than the permanent CFW install on the 3000 with 6.20 (ie: what would 6.60 give me that 6.20 doesn't)? If there are I'd upgrade to 6.60 and use non-permanent, otherwise having 6.20 permanent would be nice.

Update: Found a sort of a changelog here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable_system_software

Assuming its just some bug fixes and is required to play some games, or can that be bypassed on a CFW?

Cheers.

Last edited by Mackk,

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Check Infinity from Davee
Which instead of answering the question would add a third option to compare to the other two (since that's a hybrid firmware, same questions,maybe some stuff started working and maybe some stuff stopped working, what are they?).

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well he seems to have the intention to update, that's why he probably created this thread. But he also stated that losing the permanent CFW ability as a downside.

So use Infinity... Permanent CFW + latest FW = OP should be happy.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well he seems to have the intention to update, that's why he probably created this thread. But he also stated that losing the permanent CFW ability as a downside.

So use Infinity... Permanent CFW + latest FW = OP should be happy.
But Infinity isn't exactly the latest FW, it's a hybrid, so that's why it doesn't answer the question.
If you say that Infinity has exactly the same features as the latest FW (plus the permanent CFW obviously), then yeah, you answered. So that's the question, is there something that Infinity loses compared to the real latest FW?

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But Infinity isn't exactly the latest FW, it's a hybrid, so that's why it doesn't answer the question.
If you say that Infinity has exactly the same features as the latest FW (plus the permanent CFW obviously), then yeah, you answered. So that's the question, is there something that Infinity loses compared to the real latest FW?

What you see after the console has booted isn't a hybrid FW, it's 100% the latest FW.
It's "hybrid" on the flash, because during boot the PSP starts a 6.31 FW which gets exploited while it's starting up and that exploits continues to bootstrap a 6.61 FW.
So during runtime, there is nothing left of 6.31.

Reactions: Hayleia

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What you see after the console has booted isn't a hybrid FW, it's 100% the latest FW.
It's "hybrid" on the flash, because during boot the PSP starts a 6.31 FW which gets exploited while it's starting up and that exploits continues to bootstrap a 6.61 FW.
So during runtime, there is nothing left of 6.31.
Well then, glad I installed that on my PSP :D
Now I'm still wondering what CFW is the best but that's off-topic.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then, glad I installed that on my PSP :D
Now I'm still wondering what CFW is the best but that's off-topic.

That will cause a fight, but I recommend Pro CFW.
LME is overloaded with stuff nobody uses like DAX compressed titles (even tho the compression is good) and needs some extra care on a few updates like POPS etc.

Reactions: Hayleia

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That will cause a fight, but I recommend Pro CFW.
LME is overloaded with stuff nobody uses like DAX compressed titles (even tho the compression is good) and needs some extra care on a few updates like POPS etc.
As long as the "fight" is argumented, I'm fine with it, that'd help me choose (because I most likely already chose, but I chose based on nothing so much I don't even remember what I chose -.-).

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use pro cfw. I think you'll have better plugin/theme compatibility. I just updated to infinity 6.61. It was a strange process. I can't tell the difference from 6.20pro cfw. I'm sure there is a difference that is more than a numerical one.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Lol, not that much of a fight :P
What are the supposed benefits of LME then? I mean, it has to have a reason to exist, but everyone here suggests Pro instead...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1