Hacking Question 6.2.0 Updates? is it worth to start the hacking process before SSBU's release?

Plump

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright so when the leaks came out and youtube was full of ultimate streams I went to bed thinking "man i'll download ultimate first thing in the morning tomorrow". All sites except one were taken down, from a reddit thread full of sources. I downloaded that one but read that it's not possible in 6.2.0 to play it and will result in an online ban. Can someone go in depth, the 6.2.0 firmware was cracked they said? why can't you play ultimate, im a noob so can someone go in depth for me? What can a NAND backup save me from? If i can't play ultimate in any way without not being able to play ultimate at release in any way, have people made progress in hacking 6.2.0?
thanks!

tinkle

taciturn shill girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only safe way to play is to play only in EmuNAND available on SXOS and not to go online (use stealth mode/90DNS, or better yet disable Wifi)

tecrofn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wrong... EMUNAND in SX is not a real one and will gt you banned instantly. Maybe even the best method to achieve a ban !!!

tinkle

taciturn shill girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong... EMUNAND in SX is not a real one and will gt you banned instantly. Maybe even the best method to achieve a ban !!!
Try harder.
Wrong. There is no definitive safe way. And if anything, staying offline and then restoring NAND is safer.
Using EmuNAND is safe as can be - it doesnt touch the onboard NAND and your vanilla SysNAND is safe to use to play online with legit and genuine products only. On your EmuNAND, make sure to stick with XCI's as much as possible.
there is no safe way to use a hacked switch online. Best to use 2 switches, one for legit online use and other for cfw.
EmuNAND for hacked content, untouched SysNAND for genuine online content.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try harder.

Using EmuNAND is safe as can be - it doesnt touch the onboard NAND and your vanilla SysNAND is safe to use to play online with legit and genuine products only. On your EmuNAND, make sure to stick with XCI's as much as possible.

yes but he wants to play a pirated smash onlne which is not safe regardless.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Try harder.

No, it's not. Nothing is safe. I know how it works. I know that it is now stored on your SD. But nothing is fully safe, as I was told, all they need to do is implement something to look for .bin on your SD. That's why we need a real EmuNAND, not this TX crap they keep pushing.
And OP wants to play online pirated games and that is never safe.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try harder.

This ^

Plump

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you just not "unhack" the switch at the games release? Or am I missing something? Sorry for noob ish questions, obviously I'm very new

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, it's not. Nothing is safe. I know how it works. I know that it is now stored on your SD. But nothing is fully safe, as I was told, all they need to do is implement something to look for .bin on your SD. That's why we need a real EmuNAND, not this TX crap they keep pushing.
Okay.
If you are that smart :)
Tell us what a real EmuNAND is :)))))

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, that's begging for a ban. Playing an unreleased game (short of review copies) online before its release date. Reminds me of when everyone was playing the newest Pokemon game on 3DS a few years back. Pretty sure all of those people ended up getting banned (although not permanently on 3DS back then, but Switch is easy for a permaban).

Reactions: NeoSlyde

Plump

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I mean playing pirated smash up to the release. I pre ordered the game in August

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, that's begging for a ban. Playing an unreleased game (short of review copies) online before its release date. Reminds me of when everyone was playing the newest Pokemon game on 3DS a few years back. Pretty sure all of those people ended up getting banned (although not permanently on 3DS back then, but Switch is easy for a permaban).
I bought smash already but just want to play a pirated one until it's released. So play online on the real copy of the game I mean. That won't result in bans right? Or?

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean playing pirated smash up to the release. I pre ordered the game in August
like somebody metioned. play in emunand offline and then play the legit copy on sysnand. that's your best option as of right now if you want to play it early.

Plump

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
like somebody metioned. play in emunand offline and then play the legit copy on sysnand. that's your best option as of right now if you want to play it early.
I mentioned that I'm a complete noob to this so can you state quickly the differences or link me to a thread between sysnand and emunand and how to use it? I'm mostly asking if there are updates for 6.2.0 and if I'm able to play it yet. Otherwise all of this is useless :c

tinkle

taciturn shill girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All they need to do is look on the SD card for homebrew files with ANY form of EmuNAND. TX's solution is no less safe than other EmuNAND solutions, so please stop regurgitating the pieces and scraps of others when you don't actually understand this.

Shift-X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I wouldn't recommend hacking at all if you want to use your switch online legitimately. That's the safest way!!! It just takes ONE mistake !!! ....... With Nintendo lurking, I don't think anyone knows what mistakes to avoid (except for Nintendo themselves).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can play Smash on 6.1.0 right now

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mentioned that I'm a complete noob to this so can you state quickly the differences or link me to a thread between sysnand and emunand and how to use it? I'm mostly asking if there are updates for 6.2.0 and if I'm able to play it yet. Otherwise all of this is useless :c
you'd need to buy sx pro and just search on how to setup emunand. that's the easiest way though it's not free.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
All they need to do is look on the SD card for homebrew files with ANY form of EmuNAND. TX's solution is no less safe than other EmuNAND solutions, so please stop regurgitating the pieces and scraps of others when you don't actually understand this.
They can't look at your files, they can check them (have a program checking files, but they can't directly look what files you have). But if you have other partition on your SD, they can't check that partition, they can only know that you have one.
And that's btw exactly what they can do.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!