Hacking Question 6.1 offline NAND backups and ban risks

Aternel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey! I’m on 6.1.0, never hacked anything on my launch day Switch. Could I theoretically : Turn on airplane mode, hack my Switch to backup my 6.1 NAND just incase I need to downgrade for whatever reason, update to 6.2 so I can legally play online and then never touch CFW again until ban-prevention methods are found? All of that without risking a ban? I just don’t want to miss out on hacking possibilities if the community doesn’t find a new way to hack beyond 6.2, or whatever patch comes next. Thanks!

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
There is NO 100% way to protect you from a ban. If you wanna use CFW or Homebrew, you risk a ban. That's just how it is now days.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
As long as your backup is clean. As in doesn't have a single trace of of pirating or CFW in it. Another thing to keep in mind is that if you update legaly, you wont be able to downgrade because of the fuse burns

Aternel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There is NO 100% way to protect you from a ban. If you wanna use CFW or Homebrew, you risk a ban. That's just how it is now days.

The thing is I don't want to use either. I just want to backup my unhacked NAND just incase. I'm not planning on using CFW/Homebrew until ban prevention methods are found. If I understand correctly, Hekate isn't homebrew/CFW, it's a bootloader, and all the guides mention "clean nand backup" when referring to the fact that you should do one before entering a CFW/homebrew.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As long as your backup is clean. As in doesn't have a single trace of of pirating or CFW in it. Another thing to keep in mind is that if you update legaly, you wont be able to downgrade because of the fuse burns

I'm planning to push the Hekate payload, backup, power off the switch, move the backup to my PC, update legaly (you can update "illegaly" without burning a fuse?) and never touch Switch hacks again before ban prevention methods are found

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm planning to push the Hekate payload, backup, power off the switch, move the backup to my PC, update legaly (you can update "illegaly" without burning a fuse?) and never touch Switch hacks again before ban prevention methods are found

You can by using a homebrew app called ChoiDuJour. You'd need to track down the update files yourself. thing is, the next time you booted into OFW, you'd burn a fuse(Or more, depending on the OFW you updated TO). Least i think so, someone with more knowledge please correct me if i'm wrong. I also know that Hekate bypasses the fuse count but i don't know if using Hekate to boot into OFW will burn a fuse or not

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you want to use the online ? The best way ti use the online is NO JAILBREAK at all. Nothing you can do about it. You will get banned no matter what.

Thats why I don't care about the online. Never was since PS3 and now PS4 and Nintendo Switch. Never used the online. It's worthless to me. So I am fine. No ban worries. :)

Skyleft

Trophies
XP
Country
So, if I were to use a CFW offline, then backed up my nand and went online, would there be a possibility I get banned? I only see conflicting information about this question.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So, if I were to use a CFW offline, then backed up my nand and went online, would there be a possibility I get banned? I only see conflicting information about this question.

If you do your backup AFTER using CFW, your backup would be dirty. Using a dirty backup to go online will result in a ban

Aternel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing. If you backup before using any CFW, then your backup will be clean
Okay, so there should be no risk involved :D with Nintendo becoming really agressive on new updates, I just want a clean backup incase I buy a new switch and use the day launch one with CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte