Hacking Discussion 6.0 Ban Watchout

Whole lotta love

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there is more to these bans than they are actually letting on let’s take the op for example he says he got banned basically for turning his switch on with ReiNX cfw it “crashed” and nothing more, personally I think that’s cobblers!

Have you noticed the way he mentions it crashed on him in other words he’s saying the crash caused the error that got him banned blaming ReiNX! but that’s crap.. He’s a newbie as well to boot like all these other irrelevant stupid bans that keep popping up on gbatemp! I tend not to believe them. Has anyone actually stopped and thought for a moment maybe a lot of these so called bans are not even true!

why would someone lie about being banned?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
why would someone lie about being banned?
For obvious reasons, scaremongering putting you off from using backups/nsp, cfw everything basically connected with hacking your switch and nut balls that just want attention and just plain old fashion lying!

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: peteruk

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
You can deactivate a console from your Nintendo Account remotely; however, this can only be done once per year.
I am looking at it on my own account page right now, tells me my main console and provides a "deregister primary" option.

We can't unlink our accounts/users any more, but that has to do with merging a user with the account for a master system scheme to enable game share and ownership verifications.
anybody can confirm that this works?
this works the same with calling nintendo support to remove your account from current system right?

also the page states
"Your Nintendo Switch will no longer be registered as the primary console for your Nintendo Account."
so that means it won't deregister 3ds and wii u from your account, only the switch right?

Last edited by Garou,

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
this works the same with calling nintendo support to remove your account from current system right?
Can't personally confirm it as I haven't tried it myself, but I think this is what happens when someone does it and the Switch still has games installed for that account:
This error happened after i updated my switch to 6.0 ' all the previously installed games show this error msg.
img_20180925_072121-jpg.144490
img_20180925_072148-jpg.144491

Reactions: Garou

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
For obvious reasons, scaremongering putting you off from using backups/nsp, cfw everything basically connected with hacking your switch and nut balls that just want attention and just plain old fashion lying!
... And how would this be lying? Do you think I'm lying about my ban, too? There's still some unknowns here and no guarantees of safe CFW/Loader usage. It's asinine to assume the worst in people out of spite.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can't personally confirm it as I haven't tried it myself, but I think this is what happens when someone does it and the Switch still has games installed for that account:
It works. Did it on mine. I'd assume the previous switch would face that issue when not using the account associated with games to connect for verification.

Reactions: Draxzelex and Garou

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm actually more interested in whether the account can be used in a new system or not, but thanks :)

It works. Did it on mine. I'd assume the previous switch would face that issue when not using the account associated with games to connect for verification.
I see. so we have 1 chance in a year to do that ourselves without having to call nintendo support then
people with banned console who are unable to deregister account need to try this, as I've seen report here that nintendo support won't do that for you if your console is banned @dimkin

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
... And how would this be lying? Do you think I'm lying about my ban, too? There's still some unknowns here and no guarantees of safe CFW/Loader usage. It's asinine to assume the worst in people out of spite.
Yes that’s because your probably still very young and naive!

Last edited by Reecey,

Khar00f

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

also the page states
"Your Nintendo Switch will no longer be registered as the primary console for your Nintendo Account."
so that means it won't deregister 3ds and wii u from your account, only the switch right?

Here's how it works since 6.0.0

ScenarioA:
If you have Console A with registered account as primary, you can setup your account on another Console B and download all your purchases again without deregistering. The only caveat is that you have to be logged in online to play any of that content (technically you can share your collection and you can both play at the same time as long as ConsoleA is offline while ConsoleB is connected online, since ConsoleA doesn't need internet access to play the content because it's the primary console).

ScenarioB:
You diregister ConsoleA as primary and set the ConsoleB as primary... then the same as Scenario A happens except you substitute ConsoleA and B in the example above.

Back on topic: Now here's my experience so far.

I have my primary console with NNID where I have purchases and play my legit games online. I've booted into RCM a few times so far, the first time was to back up my NAND, then i booted again into RCM to backup my saves with checkpoint. The first time I tried it, it crashed, restarted console, retried and it worked, afterwards I restarted and played normally my games, no bans. Last week I did the same thing again restarted into RCM amd backed up my saves with checkpoint and now I'm still able to boot into my system, access eshop and play online.

For my second console, I never setup my NNID on it, first thing I did was a NAND backup, then I started running xcis and nsps through sx-os. It has been connected to Wifi and able to update all my games through wifi, no bans so far either. I never hacked saves or anything like that but I did restore some saves from ConsoleA to ConsoleB.

For my ConsoleA and B, everything mentioned above has been done on 5.1.0, but now both consoles are on 6.0.0 and no issues so far.

So not sure if any telemetry report gets sent if you don't have an NNID otherwise i don't know how I'm not banned yet. I'm waiting for Emunand on mSD to use my console the same as my second Obviously if eventually I do want to take this second console online, I would do a NAND restore before hand as I'm sure my report is full of flags at this point.

Make of that what you will, but everything above is true.

Pro tip: for anyone with hacked console offline. Sometimes I have friends that come over with their switch and they've never connected online and we want to play a game through local multiplayer. But our game versions don't match, what we do to ensure we all have the same version is use the offline patch sharing feature, it works wonders and no need to be connected to WiFi, its awesome as we don't have to mess with NSP or RCM or anything else.

Last edited by Khar00f,
Reactions: thaikhoa and Garou

grandcross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm out of the loop regarding bans; is this 'superban' I sometimes hear about something that prevents you from doing system updates? How do you get superbanned as opposed to a normal ban?

I have no interest in being online for any reason other than to system update when necessary. if I only go online for updates, would I be safe?

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you wanna play games online, don't fucking hack your Switch. It's that simple. If you see people claiming they're not banned, they will eventually get banned.

If you hack your Switch, you may not get banned today, or tomorrow, but you will eventually. So, keep that in mind, when you plop down 20 dollars for your year sub to Nintendo online.

Buy a Switch tablet off eBay and hope to God that the former owner never hacked it, ever. :P

koziakauzu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I totally understand why you'd get banned from accessing online games if you run backups/nsp because 1. well, piracy and 2. might cheat online.
But I don't get the "superban" thing; pirates still have ways to update their games or system, but they'll block them to buy games ever again? That makes no sense.
I've purchased dozens of games (physical and digital) and planned to keep doing so, but if using a backup offline once in a while eventually blocks me from accessing my purchases, I will start pirating everything and never look back....

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Truth be told, this was something that has been a long time coming. Received my ban last night. No NSP files, just personal backups. Contemplating a new system as I've put too much money into this already.
Can you tell us exactly what you did? What do you mean with only backup?
So you installed your cartridges as nsp?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aside from lying or being mischievous, some ppl don't quite understand how things work. Example: being on a lower firmware doesn't let you update games through Horizon. Ive seen my fair share of reports of ppl claiming ban b/c of this, but in reality they just need to update their console

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You mean stealth mode didn't work?! This just means you can now enjoy the benefits of NSPs without giving a single fuck.
No, I didn't use SX post 1.4. So, never attempted it and deleted my XCI files when I went to ReiNX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or well somewhat