500 wii shop points

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by tpformbh, Apr 26, 2009.

Apr 26, 2009

500 wii shop points by tpformbh at 1:44 AM (1,016 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. tpformbh
    OP

Member tpformbh GBAtemp Regular

Panama
    I've had a quick thumb through the VC:essentials thread, but unfortunately being able to use WADs reduces the desire to repurchase games that you already own cartridges of.

I've got 500 wii points that i've amassed through converting the nintendo stars points, and was just wondering if there was any wiiware/VC games that you wouldn't necessarily think of but would be worth getting? Pref ones that aren't available in wad form.

2. Nera

Newcomer Nera Advanced Member

Belgium
    well since most games are available as wad, i would say you should either but DLC for games like guitar hero, rockband...(since it's impossible for now to download them for free) or wait untill more games get released with DLC... I wouldn't but anything from the wii shop channel, since most games are available as wad, and those that aren't can be played with an emulator(500 wii points=NES game, and i think the NES emulator for wii runs (nearly) all games)
    OR if you have a DSi you can use it for that(i guess those points are the same, i don't have a DSi so i'm not sure though)

3. ilovengage

Member ilovengage GBAtemp Fan

Austria
    yeah, if you got a dsi you can use the points with it

4. Edgedancer

Member Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Australia
    Sorry but the points you already have on the wii cannot be transfered over to the DSishop.

5. Nera

Newcomer Nera Advanced Member

Belgium
    Oh I didn't know that, in that case i would go for the DLC

6. tpformbh
    OP

Member tpformbh GBAtemp Regular

Panama
    Have bought all the GH games for the PS2 and got the full instrument setup so don't really need it, but thanks will keep an eye out for paid DLC.