Hacking 5.5 IOSU exploit...

ARVI80

Trophies
XP
Country
Yet another thread of someone asking for this exploit.
It's actually starting to appear as begging, because it probably is.

Warez, warez, warez. Where's my warez

Mr negative is back again, every single post lol

avinashlego
He won't be back till its finished. You can checkout his wiki for upto date information. Very useful information available especially for any devs that include important system information, keys and offsets. One example would be the drive keys with open offsets that no one else is currently working on.

Now read the stickies before Mr negative tells you off, it's the only thing he can do to help the wii u community as that's as far as his understanding and knowledge goes in the world of reverse engineering. It's really not his fault he hasn't turned that bad negativity into useful knowledge.

Last edited by ARVI80,
D

Deleted User

You know whats amusing? When I knew that there was no kernel exploit and that there will never be one for 5.5.x and that Hykem was just making this up (Maybe because all the community relied on him and donated him money and he didn't want them to get angry?), I told this to the community, and they all started making fun and ignored what I have said.

Don't actually think that the kernel exploit for the previous versions was "really hard" to make and that those developers (With my respect to them) are heroes and our hopes rely on them. They have just detected a vulnerability (After 3 years of the Wii U's release) in the browser's Javascript engine which allowed them to inject CPU instructions into the heap memory so they can be processed by the CPU, then it would be really easy to run whatever instructions you want to do whatever you want to the system, especially that the Wii U's CPU has almost the same instructions (If not all) as the Wii's CPU (Which we already know from Wii's hacking). Almost anyone with assembly language knowledge could have done this, but since the Wii U doesn't have that much of users, and most of its users are just children, then its really hard to find an assembly programmer among them.

This exploit is not just in the Wii U (Older than 5.5.x), but it was also in very old web browsers on computers and phones and its called "Javascript Heap Spray" exploit. It was really common that you can even find the code for it easily on the internet.

In version 5.5.x, Nintendo have fixed this exploit (Video player exploit remains though, but its really limited), and to my knowledge, there are no known vulnerabilities in the Wii U's system at the moment.

I am not trying to insult or attack anyone, but would you guys just know the truth and stop buttlicking?!

Last edited by ,
Reactions: lonemoonHD

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
but since the Wii U doesn't have that much of users, and most of its users are just children, then its really hard to find an assembly programmer among them.

don't know ... I dont' want to debunk your mind mantra "nintendo owners are mostly children"
but
latest demographic for wiiu shows majority of customer are male and between 18-34, that is age of college students.
and no they hardly are already fathers that registered their credit cards for their sons:
considering how late people marry and have children fathers are clearly that 14% of wiiu customers.

maybe you should look for another reason of lack of assembly programmers on the scene...

Wii U eShop demographics as for 2014(source: nintendo):

• 0-12 – 1%
  • 13-17 – 5%
  • 18-24 – 33%
  • 25-34 – 46%
  • 35+ – 14%
  • M/F – 93/7+

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
don't know ... I dont' want to debunk your mind mantra "nintendo owners are mostly children"
but
latest demographic for wiiu shows majority of customer are male and between 18-34, that is age of college students.
and no they hardly are already fathers that registered their credit cards for their sons:
considering how late people marry and have children fathers are clearly that 14% of wiiu customers.

maybe you should look for another reason of lack of assembly programmers on the scene...

Wii U eShop demographics as for 2014(source: nintendo):

• 0-12 – 1%
  • 13-17 – 5%
  • 18-24 – 33%
  • 25-34 – 46%
  • 35+ – 14%
  • M/F – 93/7+
When I was a kid I never put my real birth date anywhere and I know I'm far from the only one who's used a fake birth date, so those statistics don't say much.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
the iosu exploit was a social experiment by soflo

SoFlobroantonio?? X"D dude hahaha h3 messed the guy up

Hykem is gone, there is no exploit and by what it looks like there won't be any in the near future. Just update your WiiU and buy the three games worth playing, done.

couldnt agree more with you man, the 2-3 games i want are Zelda/ Xenoblade and maybe either Pokken or Splatoon.

problem solved.

kutteke

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm counting more than 3: hyrule warriors, pikmin3, new super mario/luigi, bayonetta, smash, mk8, monster hunter, donkey kong, wind waker hd, wonderfull 101 , super mario 3d world, xenoblade, yoshi, splatoon and soon star fox, pokken and maybe zelda.

Its not a massive list but there are some exclusive gems on there.
Add virtual console and wii+ngc and the wiiu seems a lot more attractive than only 3 games worth playing.
I can't name the same amount of games I want to play on xbone or ps4 to be honest. Sure the consoles are a little younger than wiiU but if it comes to exclusives ninty carries the torch

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
When I was a kid I never put my real birth date anywhere and I know I'm far from the only one who's used a fake birth date, so those statistics don't say much.

But I dont think statistic guys at nintendo have released "raw" data without pondering "mr born 1 january 1990" ... ;)

like for any statistic you have to take with a grain of salt ...but still we should trust those data since they came from Nintendo directly.

or

you can be in the sheep group of "nintendo gamers are children the most" mantra...

D

Deleted User

But I dont think statistic guys at nintendo have released "raw" data without pondering "mr born 1 january 1990" ... ;)

like for any statistic you have to take with a grain of salt ...but still we should trust those data since they came from Nintendo directly.

or

you can be in the sheep group of "nintendo gamers are children the most" mantra...

This is racism against people born in the first day of the month :'( Racist Nintendo!! >:-(

Oh, btw, if you set your age as less than 18, there must be a parental account on the same Wii U for Parental Controls. Also: No eShop without parental agreement, No chatting without parental agreement, No online play, etc.....

Last edited by ,

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know whats amusing? When I knew that there was no kernel exploit and that there will never be one for 5.5.x and that Hykem was just making this up (Maybe because all the community relied on him and donated him money and he didn't want them to get angry?), I told this to the community, and they all started making fun and ignored what I have said.

Don't actually think that the kernel exploit for the previous versions was "really hard" to make and that those developers (With my respect to them) are heroes and our hopes rely on them. They have just detected a vulnerability (After 3 years of the Wii U's release) in the browser's Javascript engine which allowed them to inject CPU instructions into the heap memory so they can be processed by the CPU, then it would be really easy to run whatever instructions you want to do whatever you want to the system, especially that the Wii U's CPU has almost the same instructions (If not all) as the Wii's CPU (Which we already know from Wii's hacking). Almost anyone with assembly language knowledge could have done this, but since the Wii U doesn't have that much of users, and most of its users are just children, then its really hard to find an assembly programmer among them.

This exploit is not just in the Wii U (Older than 5.5.x), but it was also in very old web browsers on computers and phones and its called "Javascript Heap Spray" exploit. It was really common that you can even find the code for it easily on the internet.

In version 5.5.x, Nintendo have fixed this exploit (Video player exploit remains though, but its really limited), and to my knowledge, there are no known vulnerabilities in the Wii U's system at the moment.

I am not trying to insult or attack anyone, but would you guys just know the truth and stop buttlicking?!
I mean, you're still wrong. And super annoying. Still ignoring you and making fun of you, bud.

Reactions: BDS and ddrrmm
D

Deleted User

I mean, you're still wrong. And super annoying. Still ignoring you and making fun of you, bud.

You alone don't matter to me to be honest. However, people here began to know the truth after this non-sense delay for the exploit and the lack of news about it ;)

Last edited by ,

frankGT

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Crying-Baby-Funny-Picture.jpg

Lack of 5.5 IOSU effect.

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
This is racism against people born in the first day of the month :'( Racist Nintendo!! >:-(

Oh, btw, if you set your age as less than 18, there must be a parental account on the same Wii U for Parental Controls. Also: No eShop without parental agreement, No chatting without parental agreement, No online play, etc.....

I'm ok with all you speculate guys,
bust still you make speculations based on no numbers,
that's kind of a faith you have on a mantra, not much more.
What we have here is some real numbers from the hardware maker based on a statistic, and unless you want to mean that guys that made this statistic are not competent in statistical science ( nintendo is a company big enough to pay some solid and expert analistis studio to make such statistic) truth is different from the mantra.

btw if you gonna push your concept that:
Code:
younger demographic = no scene programmers
then wii had even a more casual audience and still got some homebrew love more than wiiu ... trust me you cannot base lack of programmers on the wiiu scene on that mantra ... there are dozen of reasons but not that !!

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
All we know for certain is that he said he had an exploit, delayed the shit out of it, posted ONE picture showing nothing but a print on his gamepad with 4 digits of what COULD be the key as everyone was starting to question things (which he still could have easily obtained by different means and flatout printed in userland) and delayed it more, and now he says (passively via others so to speak) that the apocalypse happened in his home and disappears from the face of the web. Coincedence? Eye-thin-knot. But thats just me. From what we know about him (which is not much) there is no hard evidence of anything that happened or was said by/about/to him is real. So can we please just go on with stuff and don't act as we where fretting about someone who basically wasn't really attached to any of us?... Ehm... And also lock this thread now? xD

Last edited by Jackall4BDN,
D

Deleted User

I'm ok with all you speculate guys,
bust still you make speculations based on no numbers,
that's kind of a faith you have on a mantra, not much more.
What we have here is some real numbers from the hardware maker based on a statistic, and unless you want to mean that guys that made this statistic are not competent in statistical science ( nintendo is a company big enough to pay some solid and expert analistis studio to make such statistic) truth is different from the mantra.

btw if you gonna push your concept that:
Code:
younger demographic = no scene programmers
then wii had even a more casual audience and still got some homebrew love more than wiiu ... trust me you cannot base lack of programmers on the wiiu scene on that mantra ... there are dozen of reasons but not that !!

Wii was more successful than Wii U, it had more games, more players (12.60 million units sold for Wii U VS 101.63 million units sold for Wii). It was worth hacking

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

posted ONE picture showing nothing but a print on his gamepad with 4 digits

Just to add, this can be done using the userland exploit EASILY and doesn't even need a kernel exploit, just a 4 lines of C code and you can print whatever you want on the screen (TV or Gamepad).

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hykem is gone, there is no exploit and by what it looks like there won't be any in the near future. Just update your WiiU and buy the three games worth playing, done.
There is still some tiny hope for us
The keys are already out there, anyone who's skilful enough can start reversing the IOSU/Cafe OS Kernel and find exploits

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo