brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So it means working GX2 and sound w/o kernelhax?
GX2 partially works, but sound is pretty much impossible. I've tried every possible way I could think, and trying to use sndcore2 will straight lock up the console. Trying sndcore seems like it will work, but still locks up when trying to do anything with it.

Reactions: rw-r-r_0644

rw-r-r_0644

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
GX2 partially works, but sound is pretty much impossible. I've tried every possible way I could think, and trying to use sndcore2 will straight lock up the console. Trying sndcore seems like it will work, but still locks up when trying to do anything with it.
The question is: why does that happen? The browser has sound but for some strange reason it won't work with homebrews programs runned in it, it will only work in miicreator with kernel access. That's strange

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are y'all doing all this testing? From my research, the only thing stopping sound from being able to work is global variables for a flag when streaming audio which is solved with the ELF loader, and the browser uses the Sound-1 library which IM_Close shuts down so you can Acquire Sound-2 and use it in your application

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's only IF it can get homebrew. Look at the Wii U. It is still kinda holding up. If it wasn't, we'd have an exploit for 5.5.x by now.
Anything can have home brew it's just that we barely have any devs in the scene unlike the 3DS. Like we've got hykem whose disappeared from the face of the Earth and Smea who will probably never release anything. Unless NWplayer and their team has something in the works.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
How are y'all doing all this testing? From my research, the only thing stopping sound from being able to work is global variables for a flag when streaming audio which is solved with the ELF loader, and the browser uses the Sound-1 library which IM_Close shuts down so you can Acquire Sound-2 and use it in your application
Every time I try to get a handle to sndcore2, all the graphics go to hell (the screen partially fills up with white blocks), and it locks up. Just getting a handle to it, nothing else.

Reactions: NWPlayer123

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Its seems that what you attemped to achieve needs kernel permissions, there is no other way /:

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I just wanna know if som1 will ever release the 5.5.x exploit and nintendo will patch it why it is a big problem anyway? At least who stuck in 5.5.x can play his/her own "backups". :)

Last edited by Cava,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night