Hacking 5.5.0 progress

vasalpa

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I don't understand in which world is it better to let a community die with a dying console rather than releasing an exploit that will help a lot of people and will probably lead to new homebrew. But it seems like some devs act as the kids that they are...

Phantom64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I don't understand why can't release that **** exploit. Who cares if it will be patched or not. Like the PS3 scene there is a 3.55cfw after that sony patched the possibility of hacking from 3.56 and up. And then what? Nothing. I saying this so that i'm on 5.3.2 so really don't care if it's come or not but now a bit annoys me the whole thing.
Uhm, you know, the whole 5.5.X scene is in the hand of a 14-15 years old. You can't expect too much.

Reactions: Cava and BIFFTAZ

LvPre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know they do this as a hobby and free, right? They could be total dicks and not release anything to the public--we should be thankful for the stuff that has already been released because they really didn't have to do that either. And who cares if he/she/they are 16, 32, or 64...they have been kind enough to already give our community some great things! People complaining and calling them names probably makes them not want to release any future hacks.

Phantom64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
You know they do this as a hobby and free, right? They could be total dicks and not release anything to the public--we should be thankful for the stuff that has already been released because they really didn't have to do that either. And who cares if he/she/they are 16, 32, or 64...they have been kind enough to already give our community some great things! People complaining and calling them names probably makes them not want to release any future hacks.
I don't have a shit for my 5.5.1 Wii U. So...

vasalpa

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I don't have a problem if people don't release anything AS LONG AS THEY DON'T TEASE YOU ALL THE TIME AND SAYING THEY MIGHT RELEASE AN EXPLOIT, THEN SAY THEY DON'T KNOW etc. I don't know if they care so much to be praised. Just say if you plan on releasing it or not and make it clear for everybody.

wartimekillers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia

so be it, don't release anything at all. They can keep it private for 200 years ahead, nobody cares about this 5.5 kernel anymore, i unblock my connection and enjoying youtube, netflix, online movie stream, eshop access, buying games, playing online, it's more fun than put your wiiu in the hand of childish dev (but it's not surprising as they're 14-16 Years old, Yes You can't expect too much).

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you get the point

Reactions: Phantom64

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can kind of understand both sides (not that I'm a dev, but I can see how they feel).

I can see the side of the community, Wii U's come with 5.5.0 out of the box (for the most part), so it's already non-exploitable the moment you buy it. This happened to me last week, and it sucked. I would love to see a kernel exploit released, it would be great for those just buying a Wii U. It's the only reason I bought a Wii U, tbh. I had no real reason to get one, but I saw how amazing the 3DS scene is, so I placed my bets that something similar would happen with the Wii U (and it still can!).

As for the dev side of things, they're trying their best. They choose to do this in there free time. Although, as sad as this sounds, they don't have to release anything. To them, we probably do looked entitled.

Ahh, I should probably end this little rant here :P

wartimekillers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I can kind of understand both sides (not that I'm a dev, but I can see how they feel).

I can see the side of the community, Wii U's come with 5.5.0 out of the box (for the most part), so it's already non-exploitable the moment you buy it. This happened to me last week, and it sucked. I would love to see a kernel exploit released, it would be great for those just buying a Wii U. It's the only reason I bought a Wii U, tbh. I had no real reason to get one, but I saw how amazing the 3DS scene is, so I placed my bets that something similar would happen with the Wii U (and it still can!).

As for the dev side of things, they're trying their best. They choose to do this in there free time. Although, as sad as this sounds, they don't have to release anything. To them, we probably do looked entitled.

Ahh, I should probably end this little rant here :P

do you really buying a console to hack it?

Droyd

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Wii U 5.5.X community literally died.
MichealJacksonPopcorn.gif

fukseliten

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Not true.

System transfer does NOT update your wii u. But system transfer doesn't move savegames either. Just your Nintendo ID and all purchased content.

Damn ,if i knew that two months ago my life would have been much easier. I was sure it did ,for some reason.
Cheers for clearing that up.
Did you try it yourself?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn ,if i knew that two months ago my life would have been much easier. I was sure it did ,for some reason.
Cheers for clearing that up.
Did you try it yourself?
Yes. I did a transfer over the phone with Nintendo (just tell them your 5.5.1 wii u was stolen or lost) from my 5.5.1 to my 5.4. No update.
I can't confirm if it updates your wii u if you do the transfer using your consoles

Last edited by Kafluke,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but still, if I knew was gonna be that much, would have made myself. But it does look nice with name on it and all that jazz. Mine would of been plain, with hard candy sprinkles.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea we shop/ like Costco also, should of went there instead.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, We do have Costco's in the UK, but only in some areas.
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    the bakery section smells good, but I wish the ingredients list on their items were simpler
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @SylverReZ costco in the UK is only available to certain people, not everyone is eligible

- in the USA anyone is able to buy the membership
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its nice if you can afford, and have space at home, to buy in large quantities. We most!y buy TP, paper towels, that kind of stuff there
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    We're planning on getting membership cards.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss our dillions which was a Kroger subsidiary got turned into a juvie court house or something
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, TP? I need TP for my bunghole.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What kind of dictatorship says you can't shop at a grocery store lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I watched them last night, stupid, but still Funny after all these years.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf like bigonya said costs only worth it if you got a big family otherwise you're Walmart bitch
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Its as if Costco only rules on communism.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or for like big cookouts, parties, etc they good to shop, but yea if only one or two in house, Wal-Mart it is. But membership is only like $60 a year so cheap really considering.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Costco cards are global like if you go to another country and can still use it there
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Who needs a passport I got my costco port
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ask yo boyfriend Juan.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's. A Mexico port and I don't want to shop in Mexico
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You don't like donkey hot dogs?
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    What is Costco?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wholesale grocery store. Everything is in like 64 packs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ramen bowels are better than ramen cups
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Are those like big sized ramen? Do they look like a
    bowel?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has better girth
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Has better girth