Hacking 5.5.0 progress

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a wonderful feeling it must be to have what everyone else wants.
Next time you need everything I wish the same to you sir, just hope its not in a hospital and the doctor tells you to get a knife, a needle and some thread and do it yourself after all it must be pretty easy to him.
Have a nice day.
It's not, really truly, especially since most of it's already documented on wiiubrew. Myself and most others I know are self taught, you don't need any special fancy schooling, just time. People just want it NNNNOOOOOWWWWWW *whine*. Before 2015 I knew zero about PowerPC, ARM, making an exploit, or about any of the file formats I and others have wrote converters for. You can start learning right now if you want, but most people are too impatient and wait for results. You just need lots and lots of examples, and if you know where to look there are more than enough.

Reactions: KiiWii and Red9419

steelseth

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
It's not, really truly, especially since most of it's already documented on wiiubrew. Myself and most others I know are self taught, you don't need any special fancy schooling, just time. People just want it NNNNOOOOOWWWWWW *whine*. Before 2015 I knew zero about PowerPC, ARM, making an exploit, or about any of the file formats I and others have wrote converters for. You can start learning right now if you want, but most people are too impatient and wait for results. You just need lots and lots of examples, and if you know where to look there are more than enough.
Ahhh the energy and ignorance of youth, I have the fancy schooling and years of experience what I dont have is time.
Dont assume that everyone is in the same situation as you and dont underestimate the simple user/whinner they are after all your audience.
Without a public interest there is no point in all these now is there?

kaotik2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nwplayer is a girl

This I wonder about.. Profile says male yet everybody refers to as Nikki or her, halfway through gender reassignment maybe? :unsure: ...

To be honest its a little unfair to keep applying pressure for the kernel. It's not like they promised to release something and fell through with it. As much as I would appreciate kernel I'm praying someone else is looking for IOSU and a RedNand type solution.

HunterMK8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just gonna pop in and say one thing
Wii U permanent kernel + NX kernel day 1 > Wii U temporary kernel and no NX kernel
if they don't see a compiled code for the entrypoint, they won't fix it, simple

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh the energy and ignorance of youth, I have the fancy schooling and years of experience what I dont have is time.
Dont assume that everyone is in the same situation as you and dont underestimate the simple user/whinner they are after all your audience.
Without a public interest there is no point in all these now is there?
Well, I'm more than willing to work with anyone that does have the time, I do help MN1 but I'm also trying to do my own stuff too. I don't share the exploit because Marionumber1 was the one who made it, I'm trying to learn to make my own so that I can have the freedom to share anything I do make. I can understand that some people don't have the time, I've dealt with more than enough of that with only being able to talk to people every few evenings for an hour or two, which is why I'm working in the first place.

Reactions: hudhair

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The point is not everyone has the time or know-how. I have personally been interested in coding/hacking for years, and I can still barely do more than hex editing, and this has been something i've been interested in for a long time. It's not just that people want it "NOOOOOOOWWWWW" but also, as was pointed out, you already have a usable "product" that people could develop for if this nonsense of "prove your worth mortal" would just stop. Of course you can say "just make your own!" because to you, it is easy. It's like a carpenter saying "Why the fuck doesn't everyone just build all of their own stuff? It's really easy if you just take the time to learn!". The point is you guys are, whether you see it or not, lording it over us that you have this great thing but it's far too advanced for us losers that have no idea what it means to scour through endless bytes until you see something that jumps out at you as a problem area. But I and many others are able to do simpler things like game modding or small applications etc.

Sure, a lot of people want backups, and we all know that of all of the people who have these private exploits that are so worried about piracy have NEVER downloaded software without paying. Right? And I'm sure Nintendo was really fond of when Splatoon was bricking peoples games because there were some "hidden" costumes revealed. Where is the morality line drawn? At what point does hacking become moot if everyone is worried about the morals? Everyone can see by all of the videos and holier-than-thou posting that you guys want the attention. And who wouldn't? That's the driving force behind a lot of humans, fame. Notoriety. Something to make you stand out.

But, at the end of the day, you are right. It's your thing. Dev's just need to stop being surprised by negative reactions. You wouldn't develop a cure for cancer and then tell everyone to fuck off and make their own if they want it so bad. You have a desired item that many people want, and are doing nothing but dangling a steak over the lions den wondering why they try to bite at you. Keep in mind I am not meaning just you, nor is this just isolated to the Wii U scene, it seems to just be how everyone wants to handle things lately.

Just to be clear: THIS IS ADDRESSED TO ALL HACKING SCENES. I WILL CONTINUE WAITING.

Last edited by LoganK93,

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't share the PPC kernel exploit because I didn't make it, and I wouldn't be a very good friend if I shared stuff without MN1's permission ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I started making a database for IOSU and dumped boot0 from our vWii espresso "exploit" forever ago last night so that I can both help MN1 finish an ARM kernel exploit and get it out, as well as try to make my own. It's not about piracy or being patched, it's about being respectful and only sharing what I make

This I wonder about.. Profile says male yet everybody refers to as Nikki or her, halfway through gender reassignment maybe? :unsure: ...
shh

Last edited by NWPlayer123,

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't share the PPC kernel exploit because I didn't make it, and I wouldn't be a very good friend if I shared stuff without MN1's permission ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I started making a database for IOSU and dumped boot0 from our vWii espresso "exploit" forever ago last night so that I can both help MN1 finish an ARM kernel exploit and get it out, as well as try to make my own. It's not about piracy or being patched, it's about being respectful and only sharing what I make

shh

What's the difference between PPC and ARM kernal?

Also by "get it out", you're implying that will be the version you will released if MN1 doesn't bite the bullet?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the difference between PPC and ARM kernal?
PPC kernel is what the OSDriver exploit uses, kernel.img in the OSv10, and it runs on the PPC Espresso obviously. ARM kernel is the kernel part of IOSU/fw.img for privilege escalation once you have code execution on the Starbuck (that part I'm still not sure about). Gets a little repetitive saying "IOSU" or "IOSU kernel" :P

Reactions: Glix

Glix

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I'm more than willing to work with anyone that does have the time, I do help MN1 but I'm also trying to do my own stuff too. I don't share the exploit because Marionumber1 was the one who made it, I'm trying to learn to make my own so that I can have the freedom to share anything I do make. I can understand that some people don't have the time, I've dealt with more than enough of that with only being able to talk to people every few evenings for an hour or two, which is why I'm working in the first place.

Yup, right attitude to have. Don't leak things that don't belong to you unless you want to end up working alone fast.

Sit at work tapping away at my keyboard whilst thinking of starting a mess around 3ds project, then once I'm home and sorted my kitten and myself out for food, plunk myself down in front of the tv. Next day at work: "oh yeah... I wanted to give it bash didn't I? Meh weekend task...". Cycle repeats.

I'd probably have more time on my hands if I didn't waste it scrolling through these pointless posts on here haha.

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Just work on your own exploit, it's not that difficult, jeez :rolleyes:
I am actually, as time allows.

I once shared something for the Xbox 360 that I was never told not to share, and it got me some bad rep with some people. Sharing something and knowing you shouldn't share it, would garner even worse rep, so I am cool with you not sharing it.

Last edited by brienj,

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also agree you shouldn't share what isn't yours. Still, someone with the knowhow would be highly regarded if they ever did release something.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All that drama. Is everyone forgetting that everything will end up released once Nintendo patches it? Late or not they will, just wait.

Smealum's Wii U is broken (short circuited soldering somewhere :rolleyes: ) and will be broken until he decides to give 2 fucks about it. It should be common knowledge that the Wii U is Nintendo's bastard child :shit:, another Wii like scene is not happening.
See, most devs don't care about it.

mhayen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sry to say that again but why we don t all make an donation pool reward (make an pool of pre accepted donation) there is enough people waiting for it till a long time that it s surely come big enough to make people interested to work on isou,and after that another pool for top 5 wiiu brew every month that s the way we should take,sure some people that are able to make it didn t even think about it but if there is possibility to make money you will see coder that don t know what is a wii u but they will do homebrew lolll believe me

Reactions: realize

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
sry to say that again but why we don t all make an donation pool reward (make an pool of pre accepted donation) there is enough people waiting for it till a long time that it s surely come big enough to make people interested to work on isou,and after that another pool for top 5 wiiu brew every month that s the way we should take,sure some people that are able to make it didn t even think about it but if there is possibility to make money you will see coder that don t know what is a wii u but they will do homebrew lolll believe me

in theory brilliant , in reality wont ever happen.

mhayen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sure it s like a untouchable dream but it s not totaly impossible, sry for my bad english,but when you think about it it s not illegal to create software and it s not illegal to make donation so what can stop it.me sure i ll donate for a "certified" with realtime amount pool like that.

Last edited by mhayen,

yodenny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's with people saying the scene is going to die when the nx comes out? Its not like the Wii,PSP and even Dreamcast stopped when their successors came out
lol ignore these trolls/nintenspys/ungrateful careless unmindful grumbling unappreciative unnatural careless demanding ingrate who's salt have no end

47844415.jpg

RealLatias

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you help me start learning Nikki? :D I'm willing to give all the effort I have. I'm not the kind of person that gives up after making mistakes.

Baggy Scraggy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anything the Wii U scene will become more prominent when it dies as a system. The 3DS was a special case, so don't take that as an example of what all development is like.

Once a console stops being developed they stop pushing out updates, and in turn there isn't any fear of the exploit being patched.

I'm as excited as everyone else to get a kexploit on 5.5.X but it's not like it's something that is time sensitive. Sure I'm a little irritated that Hykem just disappeared and took all his work with him, but I can wait for new things to come to light. I have a 3DS to occupy my time, and a few Wii U games. I'm sure most of you do too and your time would be better spent enjoying the games you have rather than complaining on a message board.

Reactions: BossRoss93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ... +1