Hacking 4TB Hard Drives

PrinlerDude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, was hoping for some help. Im sure its basic to some but for me I have no clue about partitions and file systems.

So i purchased a 4TB 2.5" USB powered hard drive. It works so good on my Wii for my backed up library. Its taken a ton of time to move the backups from the old drive to the new one. I got on the first games and it took up around 1TB and worked great. I found out that it only works when its formated GPT. So, I formated the whole disk as GPT, copies over some backups and everything was peachy! Well last night i copied over the rest of the games and it went over 2TB in size. I plugged in the drive into my Wii and told Wiiflow to rebuild cache and it crashes. Black screen with a bunch of words. When i get home i will try and get you guys a photo. I am using Wii Backup Manager to copy the files over.

So, I ask you, the wise gurus of Wii. Im assuming the partition is to large for it. Can i keep it 1 partition? Use a different loader? NTFS? Do i split the partitions? Id really hate to have to go back to discs.

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii can only handle 2 TB, period. No matter how much bigger the hard drive you buy is it will recognize it as 2 TB.

Decide which games that make it more than 2 TB you don't want and take them off, you can't use them on there. You must be trying to get a complete library because typical Wii games are 4 gb or less, that's like 500 games you could fit on 2 TB but you need more?

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative