OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
iv looked about and iv heard only 1gb and 2gb are supported

knowing this crazy world people would have got past this

so is there a way of getting me new 4gb to work on my ds?

it jus gets stuck on loading screen

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hickeyl said:
That's easy, get a better flashcart! If you really want to use your 4GB MicroSD card on your DS, then you're better off getting an Acekard 2.

The original R4 and it's 1:1 clones only support MicroSD cards and not MicroSDHC cards. These R4's are great value, but there's nothing you can do to add MicroSDHC support to them.

It's not the size, it's because it's SDHC. If you hunt you can find a non SDHC 4GB, but they are non-standard and not recommended.

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What R4 version is it? And yeah never get an R4 again... Get Acekard2i! (For value + game compatibilty) or Supercard DSTWO (For LOADS of features, GBA, Video (DivX)...)

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hickeyl said:
QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Jun 19 2010, 01:10 PM) That's easy, get a better flashcart! If you really want to use your 4GB MicroSD card on your DS, then you're better off getting an Acekard 2.

The original R4 and it's 1:1 clones only support MicroSD cards and not MicroSDHC cards. These R4's are great value, but there's nothing you can do to add MicroSDHC support to them.

It's not the size, it's because it's SDHC. If you hunt you can find a non SDHC 4GB, but they are non-standard and not recommended.
R4's use MicroSD, not MicroSDHC (which I think everyone knows), but MicroSD's have a maximum capacity of 4GB.
That said, finding a Non-SDHC MicroSD that's 4GB is not only difficult, but expensive... like $60 expensive, vs the ~$10 for a 4GB MicroSDHC.

If it's a "MicroSD", it should work. However, most likely it's a "MicroSDHC" and will not work in the R4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44