Hacking (4.x only) CIA CFW Complete Guide

solidussss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have govanify CFW, devmenu and Pokemon Y installed (patched for 4.5 cfw). When I try to launch the game it just hangs on the Nintendo Logo, does that mean I need Emunand higher than 4.5?
Also, I've read that people have problems with saving the game in CFW. If there is a guide to get the saving to work somewhere I'd be glad to know about it. Any help is appreciated.

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can't access the eshop while using the cfw. Since you are on a fw lower then 9.4 it will prompt you to update to 9.4

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no idea what exactly happens. either it "bricks" the red nand or updates you sysnand. Maybe it also just updates the emunand which is besides the point to since it would void all cias. Point is better not try it

Assasin1990

Trophies
XP
Country
Moldova
it will update the rednand and won't boot anymore , if you want to try just make an backup of your SDCARD with Win32DiskImager for restore.

solidussss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can I install Devmenu and cfw if im on Emunand 9.4? If so how do I do it?
I have one sd card with cfw 4.5 and one with emunand 9.4 (I don't have a gateway card).

solidussss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the same setup and no you cant install devmenu on 9.4
So there is no way to play games made for 7.x and higher without a gateway card? Like the new Pokemon games, even if im on 4.5 cfw?
Im very new to this so sorry if I don't fully understand how things works...

taha1990

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there is no way to play games made for 7.x and higher without a gateway card? Like the new Pokemon games, even if im on 4.5 cfw?
Im very new to this so sorry if I don't fully understand how things works...

No there isn't
any game that need 8.x wont work even if patched. Persona Q is an exception because the Japanese version works in 7.x

Can I install Devmenu and cfw if im on Emunand 9.4? If so how do I do it?
I have one sd card with cfw 4.5 and one with emunand 9.4 (I don't have a gateway card).

you can install the dev menu in cfw 4.5 then patch the rednand to emunand and update to 9.4 all your cia will be available but wont work unless you have a gateway card or mt card so its useless
I have done this and all my save and CIA worked without any problem but I have someone nearby with a gateway card so if my 3ds turned off I borrow his card and enter emunand again

if only there is a way to bypass gateway and mt card check...

Reactions: solidussss

alxz0ne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow so there is a way to play cia on classic mode or install cia on systemnand. I dont know if i am allow to post link.

alxz0ne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe i can post what site tells.
Seen sites with so called clean&legit cia that should work on classic mode. Dont know if im allowed to post site adress but this is what it says about a game.

" It's properly signed and should work under flashcard's 'Classic Mode' and after SystemTransfer, you can also write it to sysnand using hardware flasher"

"So far this method of making CIAs confirmed to work with games that comes pre-installed on system or Bundles, in other words. If you have one of those on 4.5 firmware and want to make proper signed CIA out of it - contact me"

Has anyone heard of this?

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nothing new: with a gateway booted without the emunand, you can use the 3DS version of devmenu (from the gateway SD) to instal these CIA on the sysnand.

And the tools to extract CIA with a valid sign comes from this community

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So we dont need cfw then? We just use the gateway classic mode and install cia's?

If you have the GW cart, you don't need CFW. I use CFW because I don't want to buy a GW cart.

BTW I'm experimenting for installing CIAa on sysnand with a mod of CFW. Stay tuned ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol