Hacking (4.x only) CIA CFW Complete Guide

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to increase the success rate of acually booting CFW correctly?

I would like to link Joao Nuno Cravinhos post but the site it's from distributes roms so don't think gbatemp will like it so I will instead copy paste what he said.

Code:
Most people got some problems for start the xploit , and here i give some tipps for load CFW faster ..

TIPP 1 SD cards
32 GB SD cards got more problems than 16 GB cards to boot the xploit ,
32 GB SD - between 6 and 10 attempts .. and sometimes more than 10 .
16 GB SD - sometimes boot direkt on first time , maximal 5 ..

TIPP 2 wathing time .
turn on the console 3ds just whait some time like 30 seconds or boot an app from OFW nand before boot the xploit .
with this most launch the xploit in the second time ...

TIPP 3 pressing L buton before touch the nintendo profil , just press 1 or 2 times the L and whait 5 seconds after enter on nintendo profil .dont let press L buton on the launch of xploit ..

TIPP 4 - standby
well this is for me the easy way , just left console on standby after launch xploit ,connect to power cable cause batery go fast empty with standby , just closing the case
after hours u xploit its aktive , somethimes cann freeze but until now got no problems and got 4 days one of my 3ds activ with CFW  and the another one for extract xors

the TIPP 4 helps me alot cause i dont need whait 15 or 30 minuts to launch xploit .. that happen somethimes ..

jackotrades

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can definitely confirm what he says about cards--it takes more attempts for me on the 32GB card I switched to today as opposed to the 4GB I was using earlier.

The rest, eh. Not in my experience. I'm still trying to get everything sorted out so I haven't run on standby in CFW for long periods, but I've been able to come back from standby after an hour here or two there.

D

Deleted User

Palantine, first I want to thank you! Can you please explain the process of run.bat? When I ran this program sniffing the network, I see the PC trying to connect on 3DS 8333 TCP, is there any way to know when I'm on your CFW?

I'm asking this because i'm getting "fail connect", but apparently the CFW is loaded because I ran exploit and the bottom screen blink white and black then returned to home, and i try to scan 8333 port on 3DS and its closed, maybe because this the CTRCLIENT cant connect to 3DS.

iZackefx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. I have successfully installed cia and everything. I purchased a bigger GB sd card and I was wondering what else I needed to do since I couldn't simply copy the files from my old sd card to the one i purchased. Thanks!

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. I have successfully installed cia and everything. I purchased a bigger GB sd card and I was wondering what else I needed to do since I couldn't simply copy the files from my old sd card to the one i purchased. Thanks!

You could use a disk cloning utility, though you might have to find a way to get both the old and the new ones plugged in at the same time...something like acronis true image or minitool partition editor i think has it....or if you're on linux, I believe gparted should be able to do it too (though my memory might be a little fuzzy on that one). Or one better, go back to the first post in this thread, there's the win32 disk imager that will do it as well, if you're on windows, and it's also a free tool.

tomixnscale89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just be careful. I tried to copy over the Nintendo 3DS folder from my smaller SD card to my larger one, and it ended up corrupting my Friendlist on both the emuNand and SysNand. Luckly I had a nand backup so I was safe, but I'd recommend starting from scratch. It's painful yes, but remember if you have a larger one you only have to do this once.

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
You could use a disk cloning utility, though you might have to find a way to get both the old and the new ones plugged in at the same time...something like acronis true image or minitool partition editor i think has it....or if you're on linux, I believe gparted should be able to do it too (though my memory might be a little fuzzy on that one). Or one better, go back to the first post in this thread, there's the win32 disk imager that will do it as well, if you're on windows, and it's also a free tool.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/switching-sd-cards-cfw.380926/reply?quote=5328150

razielleonhart

RazzyDee
Trophies
XP
Country
how do i get the games i made into CIA to work. i had shantae and the pirate's curse locks up on the Nintendo 3ds black screen and monster hunter 4 i get a black screen then the turn off screen

iZackefx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys, I got it to work. One question, though. Whenever I launch Devmenu from my new SD card I get ' An error has occured. ' and it's the black screen. Any ideas?

codeclutch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having the same problem others have had where I was getting stuck on the teal screen after installing cfw, I had just about given up, when I fixed the issue out of sheer luck. I fixed it by installing the update off of Monster Hunter 3, and then re-attempted to launch cfw, which by some miracle worked. Not sure why this worked but figured I would share for others to see.

hremerald

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I have put the CFW on my console.
But there is a problem, the Dev Menu came on my Sysnand sometimes but can not be used.
On the CFW, I can use it, but it makes a black screen on the top and bottom screens.
What can I do ?

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i get the games i made into CIA to work. i had shantae and the pirate's curse locks up on the Nintendo 3ds black screen and monster hunter 4 i get a black screen then the turn off screen

I'm pretty sure the firmware of those games are too high for cfw. Nothing can be done atm to fix this.

hremerald

Trophies
XP
Country
France
ok so now i can launch title manager on the cfw, the problem is that just zelda a link between world have work, for the other games, the app freeze before installing any cia..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Bakerman vs. Wario